At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, the Facilities Support Technician will be required to perform routine preventative maintenance and repair of facilities related equipment and manage general facilities duties in support of daily business operations. This includes electrical, mechanical, HVAC, and plumbing troubleshooting and diagnostics.
What You'll Do Here:
- Evaluates facility conditions, identifies potential repairs and facility maintenance projects
- Implements and monitors preventative maintenance programs for assigned areas including HVAC, Security, life safety, compressed air equipment, grounds, etc.
- Manage the execution of capital projects including HVAC replacements
- Manages contractor base and works with local vendors to resolve any issues with billing, performance or compliance.
- Provides guidance on repair replace decisions as well as planned and emergency replacement of assets.
- Inventory control of maintenance parts and supplies
- Works with appropriate governing agencies and facilitates their inspections and acceptance for facility maintenance projects
Additional responsibilities include:
- Implementation of equipment improvements and upgrades
- Deployment, documentation and training for new equipment
The Skills You'll Bring:
- 2-4 years in facilities trade experience preferred.
- A broad range of specialized skills such as HVAC, carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical repairs, vehicle and equipment repair, fire systems, furniture moving, grounds maintenance, and life safety systems
- Knowledge of HVAC installations and general heating and cooling system functions
- Thorough background in facilities maintenance and associated equipment
- Use of test and diagnostic tools to evaluate equipment operation and ability to rebuild/modify equipment
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs., mobility to crouch, reach, bend and do repetitive actions with hands and arms
- Previous experience as a HVAC technician - connecting systems to supply lines, testing equipment, etc.
- Experience with braze/soldering of copper lines and capturing and recharging refrigerant
- Familiarity with Alerton/Climatech Software