Sr. Director, Program Management
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Senior Director, Shutterfly Consumer Programs
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. We are looking for a candidate to join our newly created Corporate Transformation Office, who will play a pivotal role in delivering against our long-term vision.
The Senior Director, Shutterfly Consumer Programs will own the management and execution of a portfolio of technology, product and merchandising programs driving the Consumer strategic vision across the Shutterfly and Snapfish brands. This role oversees collaborations across global technology teams and key partner functions of the organization to ensure unified strategy, seamless and sequenced execution and value driven adoption of capabilities within the business.
The ideal candidate for this position will have extensive experience in driving large complex, cross functional programs at an enterprise level, with particular expertise in the areas of technology and product creation. Building key partnerships, developing a strong point of view and gaining consensus across team will be key to the success profile. In addition, having a rich history of on-time delivery while being confident with a constantly evolving dynamic landscape is a must for this role.
- Collaborate across the business to define product and technical strategy to support the business' objectives, drives strategy and direction within the functional team, and throughout the business.
- Provides strategic leadership for all consumer programs by developing organization-wide objectives and practices to ensure that the scope, business case, objectives, milestones and success metrics for portfolio of projects are well defined, understood, measured and reported effectively.
- Understand the interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs and drive cross-roadmap/portfolio dependencies and drive trade-off decisions with the 1-2 year plan
- Manage a team of program managers to ensure adoption of standards and procedures governing the practice of project management and execution of the project portfolio
- Define key metrics for measuring resource capacity, project valuation, cost, risk, status and performance
- Provide up-to-date, accurate, meaningful views of project status and drive on-time delivery of projects and programs
- Identify and raise portfolio issues and risks for mitigation, resolution or escalation to the appropriate level on a timely basis. Foster accountability of cross-functional team leads to resolve project issues and ensure project success
- Execute wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical work, in a way that best supports business strategy. Champion and coach teams towards best practices
- Ensure that cross-functional team leads have a clear understanding of RASCI for delivering project, goals, deliverables, and issues
- Conduct project post-mortems and continuous improvement sessions
Key Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of program management experience on progressively more complex projects
- 7+ years of leading and managing people
- 4+ years of experience in Agile transformation and working knowledge of various agile methodologies, with demonstrated experience in at least one.
- High competency and knowledge in software engineering, product development, and general business processes
- Formal training in project or portfolio management methodologies and/or certifications
- Proven success in portfolio management and large-scale, enterprise-wide product development delivery from strategy to execution, involving cross-functional teams in business, operations and technical domains
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to challenge the status quo
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a dynamic, results-oriented environment
- Naturally organized, analytical and detailed oriented. Energetic self-starter passionate about professional integrity and excellence with a positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm
- Strong relationship building/partnering skills and the ability to work with varying levels of individual contributors and management. Comfortable presenting to executives
- Delivery experience using Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Strategic Enterprise Thinking
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience