Principal Software Engineer - Hybris
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly is seeking a highly motivated, competent coder and team player to lead the internal development of our SAP Commerce Cloud instance. You will lead the development of end-to-end e-commerce implementing Hybris B2C customizations, along with mentoring developers. Utilize expertise in design patterns, algorithms, networking, and operating systems to build strong competencies in web development, scalability, web services, search engine optimization, social and community platform. Create innovative applications to help users manage and organize their social events and expressions, making the applications universally accessible and useful.
What You’ll Do here
- Gather and assess development requirements and/or specifications from PM, Business Systems Analyst and Business Stakeholders
- Translate and implement development requirements and specifications into high quality, efficient solutions
- Act as the technical expert, ensuring quick turnaround in identifying application issues and providing timely solutions. Identify opportunities to re-engineer/integrate existing processes.
- Develop, code, document and execute unit tests, systems, integration, and acceptance tests and testing tools for functions of high complexity.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers to help build an efficient and competent team.
- Manage operational support, performing work during change windows as well as providing on call support in a well defined cadence.
The Skills You’ll Bring
- 8+ years professional development experience with at least 5 years of experience on Java and Spring
- Hands on experience on SAP Commerce Cloud / Hybris core architecture, cockpits, impex, and back-office customization
- 3+ years of sap hybris 6.0+ commerce development experience
- At least two Hybris implementations, preferably B2C, desired
- Extensive application integration experience using API/Microservices
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and code quality standards
- Experience building rich client experiences across industry standard devices and browsers
- Good understanding of DevOps/CICD processes and agile methodology
- Experience coaching and training team-mates strongly desired
- Passion for photography or videography is a plus!
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!