Manager, Learning & Development
At Lifetouch (part of the Shutterfly family of brands), we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 85 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
What You'll Do Here:
- Directs the planning, development, and implementation of the training strategy that results in effective training on Operations business processes (e.g. account service), systems (e.g., Salesforce, Field Operations Workbench) and initiatives, to enable skill development, to ensure preparedness for peak/seasons or business changes, and to increase knowledge, equipping new and existing field employees to consistently and successfully perform their job.
- Develops and implements systems and tools to effectively delivery and monitor training execution. Accountable for developing a learning management system that standardizes and simplifies how Operations training is delivered in the field.
- Collaborates with Operations, Product, Finance, Human Resources and Marketing to understand training needs on business initiatives impacting Operations. Leads the effort to establish the key Field Support Operations training priorities across cross-functional teams and manages the work of the team to execute against these priorities.
- Works in partnership with field operations leaders in supporting development of tools and in facilitation as needed in executing field meetings.
- Directs the collaboration with cross-functional project teams and subject-matter-experts to design, develop and maintain training solutions, such as webcasts, online courses, hands-on activities, quick reference guides, facilitator guides and best practice documents to enable field employee skill development.
- Develops training materials and facilitates training sessions as needed.
- Manages and leads a team (2 or more full-time equivalents), including providing day-to-day work direction, sharing performance feedback, giving recognition and communicating effectively.
- Monitors and evaluates individual and team performance.
- Employs techniques to build teamwork in support of business needs to drive results.
- Safe-guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
What You'll Bring
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Training or related field, or equivalent related experience.
10+ years in operations and/or training functions, including the development and execution of training strategies.
3+ years in training development.
3+ years project management experience.
3+ years managing and leading direct reports.
Knowledge of, and demonstrated ability to, work with a field organization.
Demonstrated initiative, resourceful, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and goals.
Consultative approach, demonstrating credibility, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, relationship-building, and influencing skills.
Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels within the organization, driving alignment and action.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Demonstrated knowledge of training methodologies and adult learning theory.
Working knowledge of elearning authoring tools (e.g. Articulate Storyline/Rise, Camtasia) and learning management systems
Strong project management skills.
Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Ability to balance and execute against multiple projects/priorities simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
Ability to lead and manage change.
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.