Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
The Business Intelligence team partners with a variety of teams to design and develop reports and dashboards that drive business decisions. This role supports the Business by utilizing knowledge of company data structure and experience with BI tools to provide reporting solutions through Tableau.
What You'll Do Here
- Manage BI projects from start to finish
- Design, develop and maintain reporting and business intelligence solutions through the use of Tableau reporting software while leveraging visualization best practices
- Write complex SQL queries to build performant data extracts in Tableau
- Plan and lead the QC/QA and UAT by creating test plans, use cases and coordinating with the data warehouse developers and business community
- Maintain knowledge repository for both project documentation, BI and other technical skills
- Work with Data Integration Managers and Leads to deliver solutions for data needs
- Bachelor's Degree in quantitative field
- 5-7 years' experience in business intelligence
- Proficient with SQL; familiar with database design; experience working with large data sets
- Advanced Tableau user with experience designing dashboards leveraging visualization best practices.
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Detail oriented
- Able to prioritize multiple requests while completing deliverables on time. Self-motivated and can work independently.
- Ability to troubleshoot, track, and resolve day-to-day issues
- Prior experience coordinating with off-shore developers
- Experience with Power BI, Cognos or similar tool in addition is preferred
If this aligns with your career goals, skills, and experience, we want to work with you!