Principal Software Engineer
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Leader for our Order Fulfillment Software Platform. This is a critical leadership role software development with enterprise level software technologies: Java/J2EE, REST Services, Front-end frameworks: Angular or React, NodeJS, MySQL and AWS.
We are looking for an experienced Software Technical Lead to oversee the work of 5+ Software Developers with complete ownership (Cradle to Grave: Design, Dev, Infrastructure, Release, Support) of the assigned domain.
If you love the fun and excitement of working in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and agile software development environment with cutting-edge technologies then send us your resume today.
- Provide technical direction and leadership for team of software engineers including a combination of hands-on and oversight of SW Design & Development work. Partner with leadership to plan, estimate and coordinate the development & deployment of platform capabilities
- Work with Product leadership to clarify requirements, and other engineering teams to deliver functionality across team boundaries.
- Ensure the team delivers on commitments.
- Drive efficiency improvements in the design, development and deployment processes of the team.
- Assist in evaluation and hiring of team members
Skills & Qualifications
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience providing technical direction for and leading teams of 4+ software engineers developing mission-critical software applications and services.
- 10+ years overall software development experience in enterprise technologies e.g.: Java, REST Services, Spring, Kubernetes, NodeJS, MySQL, XML, Go and AWS.
- 6+ years of experience developing effective APIs and REST services with deep understanding of server-side and middle-tier technologies, relational databases/SQL.
- 6+ years of experience in API design and API management systems.
- 2+ years of experience in UI development using modern frontend frameworks (Angular2+, React, Vue) and web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proven track record of delivering high quality Software Products.
- Excellent problem-solving and software debug skills
- Excellent communication, analytical and leadership skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Strong experience with Agile SDLC processes (Scrum, Kanban, XP).
- Micro services and Distributed architectures.
- Strong customer focus and owner mindset.
- A passion to win, innovate and a desire to build great things.