Data Engineer II
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly is looking to hire a Data Engineer II to join their team in Eden Prairie, MN or Fort Mill, SC!
What You'll Do Here:
- Collaborates with business teams and technology teams on design and solutions for new and extension of existing data pipelines.
- Collaborates and contributes with the data teams to evaluate emerging technologies and data integration approaches.
- Develops frameworks and applications for large-scale data processing.
- Partners with other business and technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS and other technologies. Including: gathering and processing raw, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, from internal and external data providers via databases, APIs, FTPs, and messaging services, using batch and real-time data processing frameworks
- Builds technical knowledge specifically related to applicable emerging technologies (like trends in data integration)
- Designs, develops, and Implements an end-to-end analytical platform that is flexible, componentized, scalable, secure, and meets business needs.
- Designs and develops data pipelines for business intelligence reporting and analytics, including data needed for data scientists and analysts.
- Builds data pipelines that support the use and expansion of good data practices and data governance (e.g., metadata management, data quality, data modeling, master data management, data administration, security, privacy).
- Safeguards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
The Skills You'll Bring:
- 3 years of relevant experience in a data analyst, data development, data management, data science, business analytics, business intelligence or data engineering role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or equivalent related experience.
- Experience doing hands-on data integration development (ETL, ELT, API)
- Knowledge of Advanced SQL and scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Perl or Ruby)
- Experience building visualized ETL data pipelines in open source tools such as Apache Airflow
- Managing AWS resources
- Familiarity with data visualization and business intelligence tools (like PowerBI, Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects)
- Experience with event-driven architectures
- Experience working with Agile methodologies