Sr. Data Engineer I
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationary for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join Shutterfly's MarTech team to support key initiatives across the Marketing team. This role will be involved in active planning, developing and debugging pipelines and SQL queries.
What You'll Do Here:
- Collaborate with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to evaluate business needs, scope solutions, solve issues, provide analytics, offer recommendations and input to business requirements for the design of data integrations and data solutions
- Working with data teams and on your own design and develop data pipelines.
- Apply advanced knowledge of SQL and the ability to extract, debug and develop complex modeling features
- Set standards for ETL pipelines ,bring innovative ideas to the table and industry standards.
The Skills You'll Bring:
- Advance working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational database, stored procedures ,views and data modeling
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with Databases like. Oracle, Teradata and Redshift.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, S3
- Experience with at least one object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc
It is helpful, but not required to have:
- Experience with data pipelines and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, or similar.
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!