Sr. UX Designer II
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly Business Solutions enables other large companies to connect with their customers by delivering enterprise level printing solutions. Our technology and manufacturing capabilities enable efficient and effective customer engagement through personalized communications.
We are looking for a passionate Principal UI/UX Designer who can collaborate with Product Management and Engineering on broad, complex problems that require outstanding practical experience and theoretical knowledge of both design and manufacturing. We’re looking for a designer who is as enthusiastic about designing innovative user experiences as they are about engaging and improving the design process itself. We want people who are inquisitive, humble, optimistic, collaborative, empathetic and creative, and can pursue multiple paths equally, balancing user centered design principles with business and technical requirements. As a senior member of the design team you will share, collaborate, and champion accessibility and usability on all projects providing input and helping drive the strategic implementation of our printing and manufacturing capabilities.
What You'll Do Here:
- Drive the design for a broad range of products and services to enable the efficient printing and production of consumer goods and products
- Collaborate with Product Management, Business, and Engineering to conceptualize new products and improve existing solutions
- Create innovative design solutions to solve stakeholder problems
- Utilize rapid prototyping methods such as sketching and whiteboarding to convey design concepts to colleagues and cross-functional teams in an efficient manner
- Provide guidance, feedback, coaching, and developmental experiences to junior UX team members
- Present design solutions to customers, stakeholders, cross functional teams, and senior management
- Select appropriate UX methodologies and drive solutions for maximum efficiency
- Create, and manage the creation of, user flow and IA diagrams, wireframes, high fidelity design prototypes, specifications, and other UX deliverables
- Evaluate and apply data gathered through user experience research and marketing
- Proactively learn about Shutterfly’s business, culture, and customer segments
- Work with the other members of the design team and the Product Management organization to define and evolve Shutterfly’s design language
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors or related field
- 7-10 years of product design experience
- Knowledge with agile, scrum, and success integrating design with them
- Experience leading projects and meetings with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience with standard design tools – we use Sketch & InVision.
- Experience with design sprints and using other methodologies to solve our users’ challenges
- Master’s degree in Human Factors or related field preferred but equivalent experience also a plus
- Experience in the printing and manufacturing fields
- Proven track record of adding value in a small but growing team
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, and product management planning and execution related tools
Please include a link to your portfolio in your submission. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered. Thank you!