Supervisor, Information Systems & Systems Engineer
At Lifetouch (part of the Shutterfly family of brands), we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 85 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
The IT Supervisor and Systems Engineer is a member of the Production IT team for the Lifetouch Manufacturing Operations and will enforce the divisional standards for the facility. This role also supports by building, maintaining and supporting the systems necessary to enable photography and production processes and deliver high quality products and services for Lifetouch customers.
This position is onsite is Winnipeg, MB
What you will do here:
- Provide leadership to the local IT Support team.
- Support and manage key ITSM processes and standards, ex Incident, Change, Request for local Service Desk
- Provide specification, installation, implementation and administration of Windows, Linux, PC, and Macintosh servers and workstations
- Maintain system performance by performing system monitoring, analysis, and performing tuning
- Ensure enterprise data integrity (capacity, backups, security, uptime)
- LAN/WAN infrastructure (setup, install, implement, troubleshoot)
- Plant Data Center Management, including environmental, power, fire suppression and capacity planning
- Support the facility’s continued effort to improve production efficiencies and workflows through the use of technology
- Provide leadership and expertise in maximizing consistency and quality through the optimization of controls, calibrations and settings of software and hardware.
- Develop and implement plans for preventative maintenance of digital equipment, server and network administration including file backup and archiving.
- Participate in and direct “build-out” initiatives for plant operations affecting IT infrastructure
- Support and deployment of hardware and software
- Responsible for budget input and planning as well as purchasing and implementation of hardware and software for plant operations
- Responsible for managing local infrastructure refresh plan and implementation
- Responsible for Software Licensing management and compliance
- Responsible for ensuring local security administration and threat protections, e.g. Outlook, Active Directory permissions, McAfee AV, SCCM, WSUS, etc.
The skills & knowledge you will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required
- 2 + years of experience with Virtual Server and VDI Desktop technologies and administration of servers and desktops using VMWare
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems, including Imaging, Security, and SW/HW integration
- Experience with other Client and Mobile systems platforms, e.g. OS X, iOS, Android, Chrome, Thin Clients
- Knowledge of or the ability to come up to speed quickly on administration for critical production management related systems and solutions, e.g. FoxPro, MySQL, Apache Tomcat, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in IT infrastructure, technical support and/or operations related roles (service hardware, storage systems)
- 3 years of experience with Windows NT/2000/2003/2008/2012/2019 Server environments
- 2 + years LAN/WAN networking including routing, switching and basic IP network topography.
- Experience with budgeting and planning processes
- Experience with cross-platform computing
- Experience managing complex projects (ex. replacing/upgrading production servers, planning and deploying new production systems/software, replacing desktop fleet)
- Experience in vendor relationships and procurement of hardware and software
(Please note candidates who do not meet minimum requirements will not be interviewed. You must provide examples of how you meet the minimum requirements either in your cover letter or resume)
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly-Lifetouch not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
We offer a competitive salary and compensation package. If you are interested, APPLY TODAY!