Sr. Manager, Compliance
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
The Senior HR Compliance Manager is responsible for establishing, communicating and maintaining policies and practices in compliance with federal, state, county and city laws, rules and regulations (laws) that are applicable to Shutterfly companies. This role works closely with Human Resources, Legal and business teams to manage emerging risks, complex employment requirements, and workplace policy expectations. This role also provides enterprise-wide communication and training regarding legal requirements, best practices and changes to employment related policies, processes and procedures.
What You'll Do Here:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- In partnership with HR, Legal, Payroll, EHS and department resources, accountable for developing communicating and maintaining compliant enterprise-wide policies and processes pertaining to wage and hour, leave and accommodations, recruitment, federal and state reporting requirements (including EEO), time away requirements, Form I-9, immigration, compliance posters and training requirements.
- Identifies new, existing and revised federal, state, county and city employment and labor laws, regulations and enforcement activity, analyzes cross-company compliance risk and recommends policy and procedural changes to HR Leadership.
- Advises HR staff of new federal, state, county and city, legislation and regulations relevant to Company’s employment law practices and processes.
- In conjunction with HR team, creates and implements new and revised processes, system enhancements, and workflows to ensure compliance with federal, state, county and city employment and labor laws and regulations.
- Drafts, reviews and updates employment policies and handbook(s) consistent with all applicable laws.
- Manages the background check and immigration programs.
- Partners with HR and Legal to develop and deliver training pertaining to employment and labor law compliance.
- Builds strong relationships with key business partners to enhance the integration of compliance requirements into their processes.
- Consults on new business and technology initiatives to ensure compliance requirements are incorporated to mitigate risk.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field of study or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years Human Resources experience at a professional level
- 3 or more years of experience researching, developing and writing company employment policies and/or communications
- 3 or more years of experience working with multi-state employment law issues, including wage and hour, hiring practices, leave of absence administration and accommodation
- Employment law background a plus, but not required
- Canadian HR and employment law experience a plus, but not required
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Broad based knowledge and experience of employment and labor law and regulations
- Experience working collaboratively with Human Resources, Legal and business partners
- Experience completing compliance gap assessments and implementing appropriate controls to close the gaps
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically with respect to the needs of business clients and their objectives while ensuring compliance with law and industry best practices
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Clearly communicates technical or specialized concepts to partners
- Assertive leadership and influencing skills
- Strong problem-solving and negotiating ability
- Good analytical skills
- Strong organizational and both time/project management ability
- High detail orientation
- Cross-functional knowledge of HR Operations and HR systems
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.