Senior Software Engineer Java/Java Script
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship will be considered.
Shutterfly's purpose is to help share lifeÕs joy. Shutterfly has over 10 million customers, we process over 26 million orders yearly, and host over 40 billion photos.Ê The Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS) division is looking for a stellar Sr. Software Engineer to join the team in Tempe, AZ.
What is Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS)?
- Approximately $200M in annual business and the fastest growing segment at Shutterfly which gives it a start up feel within our successful business
- Drive the sell, creation and implementation of enterprise printing solutions.
- When a leading healthcare provider needs to communicate by print with its 115+ million customers, they contact us!
- Each communication is unique; therefore, each creation, development and implementation are different.
- Every day brings a new opportunity to be creative, passionate and impactful!
What more should you know? As a team, our beliefs are:
- Delight our Customers
- Can Do! and Ownership Mindset
- Pragmatic approach to software development
- Passion for technology
- Commitment to incremental delivery
- Thrive in this fast growth environment
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be a key player of the development team that has complete ownership from cradle to grave for the assigned application suite.
How will you make an impact?
- Hands-on development in Java Technologies (Open Source Java, Spring Boot, Java Script, Angular, MySQL) working in a test-driven development environment
- Partner with development team to map technical requirements into architecture and technical design tasks, plan releases and deliver on commitments
- Participate in design and code reviews across the team to establish best practices
- Inspire and mentor team members
Your success will be because you have:
- 5+ years hands-on experience in Java Stack (Open Source Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot) and relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
- 4+ years of developing effective APIs and REST/SOAP web services
- Ability to work and deliver independently
- Strong leadership and communication skills
It is helpful, however not required, to have knowledge and/or experience with...
- Micro services and Distributed architectures
- Scale Technologies: Redis, Elastic Search, Kafka, NoSQL
- Modern technologies such as DevOps/Cloud/AWS
- Agile SDLC/Scrum/Kanban processes
- BS/MS in Computer Science