Office and Staffing Manager
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Shutterfly is looking for a highly motivated candidate with the primary responsibility of managing the facility and the contract staffing needs for internal manufacturing operations. The Office and Staffing Manager will oversee all production and office facilities in their location. This position also plays a critical role in overseeing recruiting, retention, and delivery of required temporary labor resources throughout the year and during peak holiday seasons. As part of the manufacturing leadership team, the Office and Staffing Manager will work closely with our shift and production managers to understand labor requirements as well as partner with Human Resources to meet Company HR requirements and manage risk associated with co-employment. In addition, this role will work with the company’s employees, the management team, and external vendors to create, support and sustain a great office environment. The Office and Staffing Manager is the central go-to person for front reception, office needs, facilities and general company needs in support of facility operations.
- Oversee all office activities and office administration for the facility, including managing vendor relationships (RFP’s, contracts, budgets and invoices), managing the badging process and cleaning schedule ensuring the facilities are kept tidy and clean as well as stocked with needed office supplies.
- Oversee personnel including the front desk receptionist and the facilities team, with the responsibility of filling in for the receptionist as needed to ensure visitors and employees are welcome and in accordance with safety guidelines.
- Support the leadership of the facility with assigned activities deemed necessary to support operations such as coordinating travel logistics, generating and managing daily operating reports and other functions particularly in support of production peaks.
- Responsible for security system administration and investigation, as needed
- Assist in planning and coordinating company events including setting up rooms for meetings and ordering food as necessary
- Manage relationship between Shutterfly and Vendors, including Outsource staffing vendors
- Support recruiting strategies with staffing partner(s), including managing the program relationship, proposing changes to attract and retain seasonal staffing, facilitating and implementing continuous improvement and cost savings initiatives to improve execution
- Assist with logistics for influx of employees during peak seasons, including office equipment, meals and other services needed to support the peaks
- Ensure execution of all processes and reporting / dashboards related to seasonal outsource staffing and partner with applicable teams to build SLAs and monitor execution against set metrics
- Handle day to day outsource staffing issues across the manufacturing location
- Collaborate with peers in other internal manufacturing locations
- Manage compliance requirements including but not limited to background standards, UHG compliance, applicable drug testing.