Creative Producer, On-Platform UX
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
You know the world of eCommerce and have proven experience in helping to push innovation while level-setting expectations. Innately curious, you have experience working effectively with large cross-functional teams and are able to quickly build trusting relationships with clients, UX creatives, art directors and cross-functional partners. You’re seen as the voice of reason and are known for your ability to smartly prioritize work and mitigate swirl with ad hoc requests. You’re a natural diplomat, comfortable under pressure and able to drive alignment when faced with competing priorities.
We’re a Creative Department looking for a Creative Producer to join our in-house team of ego-free misfits. Our producers, operations specialists and creatives are enthusiastic and thrive in a highly collaborative, sometimes quick-turn environment. Positive vibes only. Well, at least 93% of the time (we’re only human).
About the Role:
The Creative Producer, On-Platform UX will be focused on collaborating cross-functionally throughout the organization to help drive digital transformation, UX best practices and content creation processes. You’ll partner with our creative leaders to refine the process and build stunning world-class digital experiences. This role is part of a larger Creative Services Operations team. Reports to the Director, Creative Services Operations.
- Partner with Ecomm, Creative, Product/Engineering and Photo Studio leads on on-platform, creative work.
- Coming to collaborative agreements on priorities and representing creative POV to the cross-functional teams and clients.
- Liaise with global product and engineering/development teams.
- Partner with Photo Studio to develop processes that assure site content is scalable, reusable and engaging.
- Define, document and socialize common, predictable processes inclusive of cross-functional teams—developing scenarios across a variety of project types and tracks.
- Assess needs, make recommendations and manage expectations.
- Be a solid voice in prioritization and backlog refinement, and effectively mitigate ad hoc requests, push back when needed.
- Consistently be proactive in removing blockers for creative and technical teams.
- Drive end-to-end project management for day-to-day—support larger, more complex projects when needed.
- Support ongoing CMS process improvements to ensure efficiencies are in place and we’ve optimized speed in creative and content development.
- Document conversations and decisions to help keep initiative on track and participants aligned.
- Communicate effectively and regularly about on-platform, creative UX efforts to leadership and all team members impacted directly or indirectly.
- Partner with creative team to help strategize on ideas, objectives and goals for individual sprints, defining how they ladder into bigger initiative goal.
- Have involvement in developing standardized, user-centric briefs—always asking for the goals, content requirements and the ‘customer why’
- Advocate to bake-in user research and testing into process
- Continuously improve processes between Creative and Photo Studio
- Approach each day as a unique challenge; be mindful, strategic and self-motivated with your daily efforts.
- Enthusiastically lead the team keeping everyone excited and informed.
- Bachelor’s degree but will accept adequate experience in lieu of formal education.
- 8+ years of project management, digital creative UX/content production & technical industry experience in ecommerce with a minimum of 3 years' experience building solid relationships with cross-functional teams (engineering, web dev, product, creative, ecomm and photography).
- eCommerce marketing experience a must, ideally within a larger matrixed organization.
- Curious, customer-centric approach and mindset.
- Domain expertise managing digital projects from end to end (site, mobile site, app).
- Working knowledge of project management software required (Workfront and Jira are a plus).
- Experience vetting and setting up a project management system is a big plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and usage of standard project management concepts, practices and procedures.
- Experience developing comprehensive schedules and timelines for multiple projects.
- Highly proficient with MS Office is a must.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment where you must take on multiple responsibilities with shifting priorities.
- Proactive problem-solving abilities with a strong innate sense of urgency.
- Able to react quickly and be adaptable to inevitable changes and shifts.
- Ability to influence peers and managers—leading with grace through ambiguity.
- Strength in advocating for your teams, keeping them heads-down and focused during defined sprints.
- Self-motivated, capable of working with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Discretion in handling confidential materials and issues.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Patience and infectious, positive attitude with a collaborative approach.
- Low ego, balanced with confidence and a healthy sense of personal drive, ambition and ownership.
- A great attitude and flexibility towards business and its ever-changing, sometimes ambiguous nature.
- Strong problem solver/solutions oriented.
- Sense of humor and the ability to have fun doing what you love.