Web Analytics Manager
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
The Principal Web Analyst will partner with Shutterfly’s Analytics, Marketing, Product and Engineering teams to ensure our web analytics instrumentation follows set standards and provides consistent data for analysis and other downstream processes. This role requires an individual with strong technical background, excellent communication skills and ability to translate business needs to technical requirements. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to manage several projects and priorities at the same time.
• Partner with Product, Marketing and Analytics to understand business needs and translate that into technical requirements; communicate requirements to Engineering and work with Engineers/PMs as needed during implementation; establish validation criteria and perform validation. Ensure that implementation conforms to our standards and meets business needs.
• Design, build and deploy tagging solutions in Adobe Launch; on web and native app.
• Establish and maintain Solutions Design Reference (SDR) for Adobe Analytics on web and app
• Web Analytics champion and go to person for internal stakeholders in PM, Engineering etc.; build strong relationships and establish processes that ensure instrumentation is always considered and that data quality is a priority.
• Build and maintain domain expertise in relevant data sets and be able to think strategically about what data is critical to capture.
• Serve as admin for Adobe Analytics; this includes user setup, user training, and variable and report suite setup.
• Interact with account team at Adobe; manage work by Adobe consultants as needed. Stay informed of new capabilities that Adobe launches and how that may impact Shutterfly.
• B.S. or M.S. degree in quantitative field and 5+ years of progressive experience in finance, strategy consulting, internet marketing, decision support, or related field.
• 3+ years’ experience with Adobe Analytics, including with implementation on web and app. Experience with other web analytics platforms a plus.
• Expert in all Adobe Analytics tools and how to leverage for analysis; willing and able to train others to empower end users and enable self-service.
• Detail oriented with ability to independently validate / triangulate data and analysis. Experience with Observepoint or other tools to audit, validate and monitor tags is valued.
• Strong communication skills; comfortable presenting to all levels of an organization and to different types of stakeholders.
• Demonstrated capacity to learn, intellectual honesty and independent thinking.
• Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment; passion for excellence and continuous improvement.