Software Development Engineer II
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Spoonflower’s mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper, and home decor, such as bedding and table linens. As a part of the Shutterfly family of brands, Spoonflower increases the depth and breadth of what people can create, customize, and buy by connecting Shutterfly users to more than 1 million designs by independent artists in the Spoonflower global marketplace. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
Spoonflower, the world’s largest print on demand platform is seeking experienced, highly motivated Senior engineer to join our engineering team. This position is responsible to conceptualize, architect, feature design and development, maintenance, and support of our consumer facing e-commerce applications in AWS environments. This position will drive adding new features to existing platforms and also reimagine consumer experience with new tech stack. Desired business outcomes include higher customer satisfaction, improved conversion and highly engaging, stable and scalable consumer experience to support leadership decision making.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Implement highly performant and functional features on Spoonflower.com
- Implement efficient front-end components to address business problems and reduce customer friction
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and UX designers
- Participate in design, code reviews and paired programming
- Monitor and solve performance and scalability challenges
- 2+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Sound knowledge of responsive design and producing high-fidelity front-end experiences
- Experience with agile software development methodologies, in large scale application development using Docker/Kubernetes