Camera Repairs Department Representative
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. BorrowLenses is the Shutterfly brand where professional photographers and videographers come to rent premium gear online. We are here to fulfill the photographic and cinematic dreams of our customers by delivering superior, cutting-edge gear and providing exceptional customer service. Rent, shoot, return - it's as easy as that!
The Repair Technician will be primarily focused on repairing cameras, lenses, and some photographic peripheral devices as needed. Repairs most often include failure diagnosis, disassembly and re-assembly of lenses and camera bodies including the replacement of small parts, internal cleanings etc. These repairs must be documented in our internal database, and continually updated with accurate information.
Other responsibilities include providing quotes, answering customer emails, and working with the technical engineering team to assess damage and/or perform quick repairs on a variety of photo/video gear. Solid verbal and written communication skills are required, as this person would be a liaison between BorrowLenses, our repair vendors, customers and other professional contacts. Other internal tasks/projects may be assigned.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 10am - 6pm
- Basic ability to troubleshoot and test photo/video and support items
- Ability to perform repairs to tripods and other support gear
- Ability to perform basic mechanical and cosmetic repairs to most cameras and lenses
- Understanding of exploded view parts and block diagrams
- AS/Certificate or equivalent experience in photography, electronic technology, or other equal work experience
- 1-2 years of customer service experience
- Photography/videography equipment troubleshooting and repair experience
- Other small electronics repair and maintenance experience, such as a cell phone or PC building
- Experience in a team-based environment
- Ability to frequently lift and move 5 pounds (and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds)