eCommerce Merchandising Manager
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
The eCommerce Merchandising Manager is responsible for defining the brand and category eCommerce Merchandising strategies
(across desktop web, mobile web and mobile app) that are consistent
with brand and business goals and delivers a world-class customer experience. A successful eCommerce Merchandising Manager will combine an understanding of what drives e-commerce sales, an interest in the custom photo product sector, and a passion for user experience to improve the onsite merchandising strategy. They will build an unparalleled shopping experience in collaboration with team leaders across the. As an expert on how our customers shop, the eCommerce Merchandising Manager will advocate for the needs of our customers and serve as the go-to person for insight on site traffic and merchandising performance.
The ideal candidate is innovative, enthusiastic, and customer-focused with great judgment and creative problem-solving skills. This person will have demonstrated skill with technical tools & processes through website management, digital marketing, advanced data analysis or other relevant experience. They will be passionate, organized, and comfortable managing multiple cross-functional projects at once. This position will report to the Director of Ecommerce Merchandising and work closely with the site operations, Merchandising, Marketing, Pricing & Promotions, and Creative Services teams as well as partnering with Product Management, UX and Engineering.
- Define the long-term merchandising strategy, for defined category, across platforms and identify areas to improve site conversion based on a deep understanding of site metrics, industry best practices, the target customer, the competitive landscape, brand and business goals.
- Utilize reporting (conversion, funnel, etc.) data analytics that provide decision support to business and merchandising strategies to drive growth in category. Use this data to support making both short- and long-term eCommerce changes.
- Contribute to in season sales forecasting based on site KPI trends and upcoming changes and enhancements to the site
- Adjust the site strategy based on assessment of the competitive landscape (site merchandising strategies of key competitors and best-in-class online retailers) and emerging online trends
- Monitor, meet and report on ecommerce KPI's (conversion, bounce/exit, cart abandon, RPV, brand/category revenue, etc.) across devices, pages and customer segments, and be able to explain the business drivers behind fluctuations in these metrics. Lead monthly/quarterly business reviews for the site(s).
- Oversee the creative development process (creative briefs, creative reviews, shot lists) across all devices/platforms for owned pages on the site; provide feedback at creative reviews on creative/copy that does/doesn't meet business goals; provide direction for prioritization of site projects for creative. Develop site standards
- Work closely with the Merchandising and Marketing to develop and define business goals by brand for your category
- Work closely with the Product and Merchandising teams on developing the visual merchandising strategy for defined category. Review key page/category metrics (conversion, exit, revenue, trim attach & revenue, ABN usage, etc.) to continuously optimize the strategy for visual merchandising.
- Contribute ideas for testing based on analysis of site data. Drive innovation and optimization through testing and application of eCommerce best practices. Support testing by leading the merchandising strategy for the test
- Deep knowledge of eCommerce best practices; strong merchandising “eye”. Proven ability to link knowledge of branding and target customers to key eCommerce elements in order to drive the business
- Passionate about the customer with a strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions. Experience with adobe analytics strongly preferred
- Senior presence, able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side across functions and departments and synthesize multiple points of view into a coherent action plan
- Able to think both creatively and critically. Willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions
- Able to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and a sense of what is right for the customer
- Able to manage many projects and drive multiple threads of work to completion
- Superb communication skills, clear and concise in both written and verbal communication
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Positive, energetic attitude
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record with 6+ years of experience in merchandising, marketing or eCommerce for top-tier consumer brands. MBA a plus