Lead Inventory Associate - Warehouse
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. BorrowLenses is the Shutterfly brand where professional photographers and videographers come to rent premium gear online. We are here to fulfill the photographic and cinematic dreams of our customers by delivering superior, cutting-edge gear and providing exceptional customer service. Rent, shoot, return - it's as easy as that!
As an Inventory Lead, your job is to lead a team of Inventory Specialists in the order fulfillment department in running day-to-day matters and keep our inventory accurate through the entire process.What You'll Do Here:
- Oversee and assist with the pulls of camera gear for orders, with both extreme accuracy and a sense of urgency
- Prioritize different workloads and delegate associated tasks to the team of Inventory Specialists
- Work on all other inventory related projects when assigned by the supervisor (cycle counts, re‐shelving of clean gear, barcoding, spot checking, and other duties as assigned)
- Participate in a quarterly Physical Inventory (PI) counts on the weekend‐ whereby the entire inventory will be counted in one sitting
- Oversee the timely processing of assets from vendors delivered to the Waltham site
- Field questions from fellow warehouse staff related to the day-to-day operations.
- Escalates any issues or proposed modifications to established processes to the Inventory Supervisor
- Assist the Inventory Supervisor with preparation and administration of the major annual count
- Assist with the Inventory department’s hiring, on-boarding and training processes
- College degree in photography, videography, or another technical communications or equal work experience is required
- 2 years of retail or relevant retail inventory experience
- 1+ year of customer service experience
- 1-2 years of leadership experience
- Working with E-Commerce, E-Merchant, or rental company is a plus
- High attention to detail, elevated multi-tasking skills, on-the-run problem solving and working well under pressure, are skills and talents that applicants must possess to be a successful Inventory Lead.
- Inventory background: Retail inventory experience is required. The more the better!
- Hands‐on experience with digital SLR camera and/or video equipment (Nikon, Canon, Sony, Panasonic, etc.) is preferred, but not required
- Keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to take direction well
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced team environment is a plus
- Being able to communicate effectively across all levels is a must (in person, through email, over the phone, etc.)
- Lastly, you must have a positive attitude and drive to succeed!