Director, Customer Insights & Analytics
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
The Director, Customer Insights & Analytics will partner with Shutterfly’s Business teams to identify and answer key business questions. The individual will primarily be responsible for leading all Analytics support for the Category and Ecommerce teams. This includes framing up business question and delivering actionable insights that is actionable and drive action. This role requires an individual with strong analytical skills, E-commerce or similar experience, excellent communications skills, and ability to synthesize and simplify complex issues. This is a great opportunity to play a key leadership role and enabling the organization to be a world-class data and insights-driven team.
This position can be located near any of our facilities. (Redwood City CA, Tempe AZ, Eden Prairie MN, Fort Mill SC, Durham NC, Plano TX)
What You'll Do Here:
- Analytics business partner; frame up business questions, determine analytics approach and deliver insights based on analysis. Drive transparent prioritization process with business partners and across team members, plan resources.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners; develop strong working relationships across brands and business units’ key stakeholders. Coordinate with Analytics colleagues.
- Communicate team insights to business partners and cross-functional leadership; provide recommendations and drive for actionable insights.
- Ensure that Tableau / Excel based dashboards are delivered with the appropriate interpretations
- Team leader; mentor and develop more junior analysts; retain and recruit analytics talent. Must be comfortable managing remote team members and work effectively across time zones and cultures.
What You'll Bring:
- S. or M.S. degree in quantitative field and 10+ years of progressive experience in analytics, finance, strategy consulting, internet marketing, decision support, or related field.
- Thorough understanding of Internet, Ecommerce and Mobile App data collection and metrics. Should be able to relate to standard metrics like conversion rates, response rates, lift, ROAS, and ROI.
- SQL Expert; ideally experience with other coding languages; Excel power user; familiar with web and app analytics tools; using clickstream data.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills. Proven ability to distill analysis, crystalize insights and make recommendations based on analysis. Understanding of how to present to different levels of an organization.
- Experience in successfully managing and developing junior analytics team members.
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast moving, and constantly evolving high growth environment. Passion for excellence and continuous improvement.
- Curious about what drives business trends; demonstrated capacity to learn, intellectual honesty and independent thinking.
If this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfers for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship or transfer will be considered.