Sr. Manager, Regional Sales (National Sales Executive - University)
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
The National Sales Executive, University is responsible for commencement growth within assigned geographic area, ultimately driving and maximizing profitable growth. Work closely with the Regional Director of Sales and Area Sales Manager on the coordination of the commencement strategy for their businesses.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for new business to include photography, yearbooks and commencement account acquisition and retention in a geographically defined area.
- Develops strategy and provides direction to National Sales Manager on sales and profit improvement opportunities and plans.
- Owns the sales process including defining the strategy, prospecting, closing by promoting Lifetouch programs, products and/or services to new accounts within the assigned region to achieve sales goals.
- Identifies and implements competitive intelligence and response activities. Aggressively implement account profitability initiatives to drive overall profit contribution, balancing short- and long-term requirements.
- Leads. trains and collaborates closely with Regional Sales Directors, Area Sales Managers, home office leaders and other key stakeholders in understanding how to implement the University sales playbook; specifically teaches the Area Sales Manager / Regional Director of Sales the successful selling strategies.
- Makes sales calls to assigned accounts and prospects. ; implements, manages and executes business development plans for their assigned customers and prospects.
- Ensures coverage and market share growth through the canvassing of college and university level prospect accounts.
- Provide direction to the field organization that improves participation. Coordinate efforts with photography, marketing and business segments.
- Recommend, prepare and manage sales management expense budgets, staffing plans, management incentive and merit increase programs.
- Safe-guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years in outside sales experience, selling solutions-oriented services.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Strategic planning in implementing, managing and executing business development plans
- Results-focused with a proven track record of taking ownership and driving growth
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences, including presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Competitive and driven to exceed through individual and team performance
- Creative thinking as it relates to prospecting and networking with new and existing customers, strong hunting skills
- Excellent business and financial acumen as well as excellent negotiations skills
- Valid driver’s license as well as reliable, insured and registered transportation. Vehicle insurance must be current and in compliance with state law
- Ability to travel via car and air up to 35% within the assigned region (Some seasons may involve more travel time and others less)
- Salesforce experience is a plus