Cross-Functional Video Technician
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
BorrowLenses is the Shutterfly brand where professional photographers and videographers come to rent premium gear online. We are here to fulfill the photographic and cinematic dreams of our customers by delivering superior, cutting-edge gear and providing exceptional customer service. Rent, shoot, return - it's as easy as that!
This position is part of Borrowlenses’s Technical Engineering Team, which tests the functionality and maintains the high quality of the company’s vast array of camera equipment. The ideal candidate will be a dedicated gearhead who loves working with fellow equipment enthusiasts. The job is very hands on in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This person will work closely with the department Supervisor to assess and manage daily workloads, answer gear and protocol questions, and make sure the group is on track to hit metric goals. The Lead will follow up on individual performances and act as a point of contact for other departments. A large portion of their time will be spent checking and working with high end photography and video gear to ensure that our customers continue to receive excellent items!
In addition to day-to-day operations, this energetic leader will train incoming staff, walk the team through new gear, handle customer contact for returning personal items, and ensure the staff morale stays high. They’ll hold consistent employee one-on-ones to give feedback and ensure team members understand new policies/procedures. When the supervisor is absent, they will lead all daily operations.
What You'll Do Here:
- Assist supervisor in managing daily operations for a team of 5-10 people
- Check +100 pieces of photo and video gear per day
- Be the expert on all photo/video gear. Answer staff members questions about functionality, compatibility, quality thresholds, and repair options
- Test new gear for functionality and quirks. Teach the rest of your team how to check it
- Work with other departments on improving processes and answering gear questions, including Customer Service, Inventory, and VIP
- Contact VIP customers to optimize order set ups
The Skills You'll Bring:
- College degree in photography, videography, or another technical communications field
- 1-2 years of photography or videography shooting experience
- Some prior management experience
- In depth technical knowledge and working background with camera equipment, including DSLRs, lenses, cinema cameras (RED, Arri, Sony), audio equipment, tripods, rigs, sliders, and other support gear
- Experience in fast paced environment
- The physical requirements described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties and responsibilities.
- When performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist, balance, reach, use hands and fingers to perform repetitive tasks and assemble/disassemble equipment. The employee must be able to frequently lift and move up to 5 pounds (and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds).