Production Designer, Creative Production Studio
You’re a strong production designer who finds tremendous satisfaction in bringing concepts to life with your technical expertise. You are enthusiastic and thrive in a high-volume, quick turnaround environment. High-quality and attention to detail are a given in your work. You welcome creative collaboration but are also comfortable taking direction and working solo. You have demonstrated omni-channel marketing design experience in retail/ecommerce, promotion driven environment. You have the capability, capacity and drive to hit the ground running.
We’re a Creative Department looking for the right Production Designer to join our in-house team of ego-free misfits. Our creatives are enthusiastic and thrive in a highly collaborative, sometimes quick-turn environment. Positive vibes only. Well, at least 93% of the time (we’re only human).
About the Role
The Production Designer works within our newly formed Creative Production Studio to generate assets across all channels – direct mail, app, web, display, social, and other digital touchpoints. In a high-volume, quick-turnaround environment, you must be able to take direction, effectively collaborate with teammates across disciplines to clarify requirements, goals, expectations, and timelines. Organization and multi-tasking abilities as well as excellence in communication are essential for this position. This is a Mid-level role within a total team of 5. This role reports into the Manager, Creative Production Studio.
- Create assets across all our channels: direct mail, app, web, display, social, and other digital touchpoints
- Support the Creative Team, and partner with copywriters to bring the brand and seasonal expression to life in all projects produced out of the Creative Production Studio
- Dedication to ensuring efficient, high quality and timely production of designs
- Juggle a mix of quick-turnaround projects, often with overlapping priorities and urgency
- Make various formats of supplied assets production-ready and resolve any asset issues that arise during production
- Build and maintain working files inside a collaborative file structure
- Show professionalism in all aspects of your daily tasks
- Be self-motivated, flexible and able to thrive in ambiguity
- Continually adopt new tools and practices as the work evolves
- Manage work tasks, functions and time sheet using department’s project management tool
- 4-year Bachelor Degree in Design, Advertising or Fine Arts, but will accept adequate experience in lieu of formal education
- 3+ years’ design experience, with exposure to both print and digital, previous production studio experience a huge plus.
- Portfolio to example your skills and aesthetic
- Portfolio must show examples of print work and ideally digital manipulation or photo composite (before and after)
- Agency experience a plus
- Excellent type and layout skills paired with a strong design aesthetic
- Print experience a must
- Mobile design experience is desired
- Must have expertise in Adobe CC, Sketch and InVision skills
- Web dev understanding / abilities is a plus
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly organized with a clear and responsive communication style
- Great attention to detail