Photography Admin Specialist
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, events, and churches.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists the Photography Leader in managing daily photography operations; coordinates and maintains weekly photography schedule; assists with onboarding and support of the photography team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Builds the weekly photography schedule including the assignment of Photography Leads and Photographers to scheduled jobs. Reviews with Photography Leader for final approval.
● Coordinates all scheduling changes and ensures communication with appropriate personnel including Photography Leader(s), Photography Leads and Photographers.
● Understands the needs and limitations of the schools and the abilities of the Photographers when creating the schedule.
● Assists in maximization of productivity for high-quality, positive Picture Day experiences.
● Coordinates schedule to pick up materials at schools related to the Family Approval Program.
● Collects and reviews Picture Day Report Card information and passes issues and or concerns to the Photography Lead(s) or Photography Manager(s) as instructed.
● Assist with photographer onboarding and support.
● May maintain gas logs and distributed gas cards to applicable employees.
● May help with timekeeping activities including following up on missed punches and other related duties.
● May assist with photography contest and other recognition program administration.
● May be responsible for wardrobe management including preparation for photographic events, cleaning and general care.
● May maintain inventory of CD’s, hand sanitizer, combs, baby wipes and other photographic supplies.
● Maintains current knowledge and ability to operate all cameras, lenses, accessories, and photographic equipment; and selecting appropriate equipment based on job and program type.
● May be asked to capture high quality, compelling photographs while creating a positive picture day experience for customers.
● Safeguards and properly handling job bags and photography equipment.
● Demonstrates care and concern for the safety and health of self and others by promoting and modeling all safety rules and guidelines.
● Maintains confidentiality of school/student related information.
● Represents Lifetouch in a professional manner at all times while adhering to all Company and school rules and policies and displays confidence and professionalism even during times of stress and in difficult situations.
● Uses safe work habits including proper lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, squatting, twisting and driving techniques.
● Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
● 2- 3 years of related photography experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● One-year experience in a Photography Team Lead or related role.
● Advanced knowledge of photography equipment (i.e. cameras, lighting effects, tripods, light stands, light meters, backdrops, etc.).
● Strong leadership skills.
● Strong problem-solving, attention to detail, and decision-making skills.
● Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
● Accessibility to reliable insured transportation to reach assigned locations. Vehicle insurance must be current and in compliance with provincial law.
● Must have a valid driver’s license.