IT Desktop Support Administrator 2 - Evenings/Nights
Standard evening hours are from 3pm to 11pm but can vary based on season and business needs. During peak periods hours could be varied (example: 7pm to 7am).
The IT Desktop Support Administrator role is to provide a point of contact for users to receive support within the organization’s manufacturing operation. This includes troubleshooting, installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all Linux, Windows 7/10/2012 systems in a 24/7 fast-paced, dynamic Internet/e-commerce production environment.
The ideal candidate must take ownership of their area and have a clear customer focus, exceptional communication and people skills, and solid technical abilities. The candidate must be able to work effectively within a team of 3-4 application engineers and work independently under minimal supervision. The candidate must be able to explain technical concepts to non-technical persons, have strong analytical, written, oral and presentations skills, and be a self-starter with a collaborative spirit.
• Focal point for communication and escalation amongst supervisors, technicians, engineering, and Internet operations
• The role provides implementation and support for production printing hardware and software systems
• Configuration and troubleshooting of complex hardware, custom built applications, storage, configuration management and general automation
• The role requires 24/7 on-call support and occasional racking of servers and cable management
• Assist software engineering team in developing, testing, deploying, and supporting new systems
• Support 3rd party applications
• Provide training and guidance of contract support prior-to and during peak season
• Provide configuration and troubleshooting for desktop/laptops, desk phones, and PC peripherals
• Account creation/modification within Windows Active Directory/Microsoft Exchange
• Utilize patch management to ensure PC hardware is current
• Track and maintain internal assets and inventory Requirements:
• 2-4 years administrating in a Windows operating system environment
• Must be results driven and works well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Strong customer service orientation
• Solid working knowledge of Internet standards and protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, etc.)
• Server and desktop hardware configuration and build experience, familiarity with both hardware of software RAID
• Supporting a build/release process • Excellent documentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
• Highly motivated to solve problems; proven troubleshooting skills and ability to analyze problems by type and severity
• Understand complex relationships between components of production systems
• Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals Desirables:
• Linux, Cygwin, Apache/Tomcat
• Implement effective Microsoft Windows Group Policies
• Ghost or similar imaging utility/software
• Windows patch management utilities: WSUS/SMS/IBM Big Fix/SCCM.
• Cisco IOS, LAN/WAN technologies and working knowledge of switches, routers, and firewalls
NOTE: The scheduled working hours for this role will vary based on business needs.