Affiliate Marketing Manager
Spoonflower’s mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper and home decor, such as bedding and table linens. Many of the designers who use Spoonflower to create products also use it to sell their artwork, making Spoonflower the world’s largest marketplace of surface designs. The community of designers and shoppers who make up Spoonflower is central to what we do. Our goal is to continue to expand the reach of Spoonflower’s services internationally, and, more generally, to expand the opportunities available for individuals to express themselves through color, pattern and personalization. At Spoonflower, creativity, customer-focus, resourcefulness, authenticity, fun and trust are the core values of our workplace. Our team is full of creative, multitalented individuals who embody -- like our customers -- a DIY ethic and an embrace of hard work. We offer team members competitive benefits, support of continuing education, the chance to learn new skills and to move within the company, and a dynamic and flexible company culture.
The Affiliate Marketing Manager will be focused on expanding Spoonflower’s presence and fueling our customer acquisition efforts by growing a global affiliate marketing program. This position is a critical part of Spoonflower’s growth, reporting to the VP of Performance Marketing. The Affiliate Marketing Manager will be responsible for activating and engaging a network of strategic affiliate partners and influencers; driving new audiences and generating incremental revenue to Spoonflower.com globally.
- Create, define and execute Spoonflower’s affiliate marketing strategy
- Daily management of the full end-to-end program for affiliate marketing, including prospecting, recruitment, evaluation, outreach, negotiations, relationship building, optimization, and reporting.
- Develop and grow strategic affiliate partners, while scaling the program, with an emphasis and priority on quality publishers that connect Spoonflower to its core customer segments in the creative economy.
- Manage and own the agreement and relationship with our affiliate marketing software partner
- Develop monthly communications for the affiliate network and develop 1:1 relationships with top partners. Develop and execute incentive programs, commission structures and promotions.
- Collaborate with brand marketing, public relations, merchandising, product owners, finance, and design teams to execute partner messaging, creative assets, and integrations.
- Expand the affiliate program to partners and influencers in all key global markets.
- Manage all approved/declined transactions to ensure timely and accurate reporting and payments.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to help identify opportunities and partnerships for the affiliate program.
- Manage requirements and freshness of comprehensive product feeds for affiliate partners
- Report on weekly, monthly and quarterly channel performance to a cross-functional and executive teams, including KPIs, trends, and tracking to goals
- Review all applications and monitor transactions to mitigate the risk of any fraudulent activities
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field
- 5+ years of professional experience in building and scaling innovative Affiliate Marketing programs that deliver against company goals and initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills and experience working in large data sets to analyze data using pivot tables and raw data
- Demonstrated experience with technical implementations and troubleshooting technical challenges
- Proven track record of building relationships and effectively communicating to key stakeholders as well as internal and external partners.
- Experience working with sites and affiliate programs that have multiple locales and languages
- Advanced experience working with affiliate marketing and analytics suites or tools: Impact Radius, Google Analytics, Looker, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage your workload efficiently. A self-driven mindset and the ability to work independently
- Possess strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills, have a passion for data driven decision making, thrive on challenges, and have a proven history of successfully and consistently leading projects to achieve targets and objectives
- Thorough with a strong attention to detail
- Desire and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and changing priorities. The ability to adapt and effectively handle and adjust to changes in priorities and assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; the ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences . Ability to adapt communication style appropriately.
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally in a mid-sized, high-growth organizations with the ability to work cross-functionally with key external and internal partners such as marketing, product, engineering, finance, and customer service teams