Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Chartered Accountant contributes to accounting activities for Corporate accounting, under the direction of finance corporate leadership, helps lead the finance team in accurate reporting of financials. He/she/they is fiscally responsible and looks for opportunities to improve operational practice to align with financial goals. The Chartered Accountant is a strategic thinker and problem solver with strong attention to detail and a proven customer service approach to working with others. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting.
- Prepare journal entries and associated balance sheet reconciliations for the monthly financial close, including those for cash, prepaids, fixed assets, payroll, payables, intercompany/consolidation, and all required accruals as examples
- Provide support and oversight as it relates to team members supporting accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
- Collaborate with Finance team on all financial aspects of assigned partnerships, including maintaining KPI’s on corporate expenditures and target operational metrics
Strategy and Data Management
- Prepare monthly and ad-hoc financial reporting for senior leadership
- Assist management with monthly and quarterly financial reviews by documenting analysis explaining unusual adjustments and differences to budget
Compliance and Process Improvement
- Assist with corporate audit readiness
- Work with Finance, Analytics, and IT team members to identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of month end processes and assist in initiatives to implement the improvements for financial reporting
- Supporting ongoing projects to improve NetSuite design and reporting capabilities
- Support new rollout of Coupa software for expense procurement/payables/treasury and employee expenditure activity
- Review, recommend, and implement best practices regarding accounting policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in accounting
- Proven expertise using Microsoft Office products, primarily Excel
- Budget, month end, and accrual experience
- Detail oriented, with exceptional organization and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the company
- Customer service focused, with demonstrated ability to communicate courteously and timely
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
- Experience with a CRM system such as Salesforce
- Experience working with accounting software such as NetSuite or similar large-scale ERP platform
- Experience working with Coupa
- Experience working with FloQast (similar to Blackline)
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required--Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.