Accommodations Manager - UIC Global
UIC Global is a partnership between the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) and Shorelight. The mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students (graduate and undergraduate) in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic successes and likelihood of obtaining their degrees at UIC.
The Accommodations Manager (AM) proactively manages the student housing and accommodation catered to international students enrolled in International Accelerator Programs. The AM designs and maintains dynamic data systems that track room housing rosters, schedules inspections and cleaning services, and manages live-in resident staff.
The Accommodations Manager is an energetic team player who takes initiative and has excellent interpersonal skills. He/She/They is comfortable multitasking, adjusts quickly to shifting priorities, and has a strong attention to detail. The AM is a skilled problem solver who demonstrates tact, patience, and diplomacy, particularly with non-native English speakers. Exceptional customer service, organizational skills, and oral and written communication are critical.
Housing Administration Management
- Lead pre-arrival process to ensure housing assignments are prepared, including but not limited to booking and confirming arrival reservations, making housing assignments, and executing room set-up lists as well as managing punch card
- Collaborate with Student Service Team in updating ancillary products, including activation and continuation of dining, insurance, and other services delivered to students
- Develop and manage a dynamic system to oversee regular housing inspection schedules and follow-up on remediation as necessary through third-party vendor networks
- Place students into housing locations, keeping accurate and up-to-date housing inventory to assist in forecasting exercises
- Oversee maintenance of accurate records for student addresses; generate forms and information to students in housing to facilitate move-in and move-out
- Liaise with the Student Services Team and Resident Assistants on the orientation/intake process, planning engagement activities at housing locations, resident verifications, room checks, and intervention
- Create and maintain a resident handbook that aligns with the university’s Code of Conduct
- Coach resident team on implementing a more positive culture of remediation with students based on the resident handbook rather than fines/fees
- Oversee third-party property management services to assure execution of items escalated for remediation; conducting follow up as needed
- Manage local cleaning service companies on cleaning and room turnover
- Lead the formulation and maintenance of housing policies and procedures, which may include eligibility, lease agreements, petitions, emergency or temporary housing, and riders to leases
- Recruit, develop, and retain team members to ensure productivity and engagement
- Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, stay interviews, development planning, and ongoing feedback to develop team members and achieve organizational goals
- Provide coaching, counseling, and corrective action (when necessary) to team members
- Foster a culture that reflects Shorelight’s values
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Hospitality Management or related field
- Experience working in Hospitality Operations Management
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Excellent data management skills, including an understanding of how to create and maintain complex databases and produce reports as needed
- Experience working in lease administration, portfolio management, property management or three years of experience working in a university based international student pathway program
- Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Higher Education Administration, Hospitality Management, or related field
- Experience working successfully with non-native speakers of English
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM software to produce reports and maintain accurate data
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required - Education, Criminal, Identity