Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Accounting Intern will be involved in key accounting cycles and will gain understanding of the transactions to be able to assist in general ledger and transaction support, including but not limited to order to cash, revenue recognition, expense amortization processes, and monthly close/process improvement support. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. This position will have opportunity to interact with various team members within Finance/Accounting department as well as IT and Enrollment Service and Admissions Teams. The target for actual hours would be a minimum of 10 hours per a week up to 24 hours a week, based on the candidates preference and flexibility.
- Assist with daily partnership university cash account reconciliation and student refunds
- Support the accounts payable function, including learning to use Coupa
- Participate in the students’ program verification process for upcoming intakes
- Help support student program reconciliation process between Salesforce.com and NetSuite
- Gain understanding of the Order to Cash process
- Assist in annual pricing reviews
- Ad hoc projects supporting monthly close efforts and process improvement
- Pursuing a degree in accounting or finance
- Intermediate excel skill including formula, Vlookup, Pivot table
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to take ownership of projects and drive them through to completion under supervision
- Ability to work productively remote
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.