Design Engineer III
The Advanced Business Development group supports the sales function for new customer or new product requests for quote. Benchmarking services are also conducted by the team to support local and SWS/SEI competitive business.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience as a design release engineer
- 3+ years wire harness EDS engineering experience or equivalent
- Familiar with product launch and program management.
- Strong customer interface skills, good English language skills (written and spoken), good time management skills.
- Support Ongoing Program Quote and Development and achieve design / development expectations through product realization process (internal and external).
- Support Development Trial Run Activity and facilitate change through established processes.
- Create high quality engineering deliverables related to the vehicle electrical systems.
- Identify, track and resolve design open issues.
- Participate and support cross functional team meetings. Document, track and distribute lesson learned.
- Interface directly with customer - PMT, PAT, engineers, launch team.
- Interface and coordinate with SEWS Div. Managers, sales, business planning, procurement, managers, engineering, design, quality, validation and coordinators.
- Support manufacturing design reviews, master sample reviews, tooling reviews and special assembly instructions for wiring systems.
- Research, gather, collect, analyze, organize and summarize specifications, requirements, competitive benchmarking. requirements related to Vehicle Electrical Distribution Systems.
- Others assignments that may be assigned from time to time.
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400 year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 30 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers. Our associates are what drive Sumitomo’s continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric
**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.** An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V