Software Engineer, UX
As a Software Engineer specialising in user experience (UX), your role is to bridge the gap between design and engineering with the goal of crafting delightful and efficient products.
You embrace the principles of agile software development, delivering value to customers frequently without ignoring the quality of software and sustainability of the development process. You engage in retrospections and continuous improvements together with your fellow engineers, managers, and product team to reduce waste and to better manage risks in the process of delivering value to customers.
You are passionate and have a broad knowledge of the principles, practices, technology, and tools that lead to good usability and aesthetic design in products. You recognise the impact they have on users and are mindful of the empathy gap that engineers can develop.
You facilitate the creation of user experiences, by assisting engineers with conceptualization, design, and implementation of first-class customer experiences. You strive to collect, measure, and benchmark UX metrics to record the impact of your design decisions.
You are not a code monkey. You are a unicorn.
Success | What makes you a successful engineer.
- Able to collaborate efficiently and effectively with teams to deliver value that satisfies customers.
- Able to deliver quality (software) solutions frequently and sustainably.
- Able to improve usability through process, best practices, and innovation.
- Experience implementing clean web interfaces using tools such as Node.js, React, InVision and Java.
- Invest your time 25%-25%-50% across research-design-coding.
Accountabilities | What you are trusted to deliver, as an individual.
- Discover, design, develop, and deliver value. Be scientific on methods. Be empathetic toward users.
- Manage quality of process and output. Reflect. Sustain.
- Build high quality products with continuous delivery, usability, and kaizen in mind.
- Grow your skills and knowledge by utilising 10% of your time is given to invent, experiment, acquire new knowledge, or to prepare yourself for the next sprints (we call this play day).
Responsibilities | What you do.
- Work with stakeholders to define technical scopes, build and iterate prototypes with user testing.
- Deliver features and fixes within a reasonable scope of time and cost.
- Continuously improve the delivery process through retrospections and innovations.
- Design and implement GUI components in accordance to design systems which you also help implement and maintain.
- Share the knowledge by mentoring colleagues in good design principles and practices.
To apply, send your resume to this REST service before submitting it to Jobvite.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Please note that this role is only open to current university students and recent graduates.