Mobile Support Engineer (iOS/Android)
This role can be based remotely in any provinces and territories in Canada.
Do you consider yourself an expert in mobile development (iOS/Android)?
Do you pride yourself on learning quickly?
Are you looking for a change?
The selected candidate will be part of a global team responsible to resolve support requests from customers in a 24/7/365 environment.
If you join our Mobile application support team, you are guaranteed to engage with global leaders and household names to solve challenging technical issues. This is a great opportunity for you to gain highly valuable exposure in the mobile security industry.
Successful candidates should have the following skills:
- Must have the following programming & debugging skills:
- Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS or Android
- Objective-C, Swift, or Java
- Xcode, Visual Studio, Android Studio, or Eclipse
- Graduated with Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent technical experience
- Communication in English is a must (oral and written). This role requires constant voice and screen sharing support in a manner that is professional, compassionate, and effective
- Ability to troubleshoot system issues
- Fundamental understanding of computer architecture and low-level details of the programming languages used by the products you are supporting
- Experienced in using modern, collaborative tools such as Zendesk, Atlassian and Slack
- Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate complex technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels, both internally and externally
- Hacking or reverse engineering skills be will an advantage
- Willingness to support North America region. Flexible to accommodate urgent customer needs over weekends and public holidays
- Perform tasks such as resolving licensing and setup issues, deploying products, collecting artefacts for debugging
- Provide high quality technical support by helping customers resolve issues including explaining usage, debugging failures, pinpointing problems, implementing workarounds, increasing performance, improving security, and determining root causes
- Documenting all support issue details while supporting customers to ensure details are available for all relevant parties
- Work cooperatively with other support team members to arrive at issue resolution as per Service Level Agreement before escalating to engineering team
- Contribute, maintain, and improve knowledge base articles, training materials, and other repositories of information
- Report customer use cases, requirements, enhancement requests, and recommend fixes
- Practice the ‘give and take’ model of knowledge and experience exchange by sharing information to the team
- Hunger to learn and improve job skills through participation in product, technology, and customer service training
- Participate in improving processes, communication, systems, etc.
*Due to the vast amount of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. We encourage you to visit our website at www.servicerocket.com for regular updates on available roles.