Instructional Designer (Technical)
This posting is to build a pipeline for future positions within the Learndot Team.
Our instructional designer is responsible for developing technical product and process training for ServiceRocket customers who are fast-growing software companies. You will work closely with ServiceRocket customers to create eLearning courses (and sometimes instructor-led course content) for their customers. This role will also review, adapt, and update existing training content and processes while recommending industry best practices to ensure consistent high-quality, requirements-based training opportunities and material.
- Leverage technology to create training course content, including eLearning and instructor-led course content and assets (presentations, instructor guides, quick reference materials, lab manuals, e-learning modules and surveys).
- Interface with customers and subject matter experts to develop course content to deliver project milestones and deadlines.
- Implement approved revisions to course materials as necessary to suit customer needs.
- Develop department best practices and share knowledge with internal resources.
- Leverage project management and agile development best practices to organize training projects and ensure high-quality outcomes to customers.
- On occasion assist trainers in delivery of technical training and conduct train-the-trainer sessions for instructors.
- Instructional design and agile course development capabilities.
- You’ve used eLearning development tools (for example, Camtasia, Captivate, Articulate, Screenflow, etc) to create online learning in SCORM formats and other video formats.
- Video and audio production and editing skills.
- Strong technical background and experience with enterprise software, applications and tools, including any of the following: business intelligence, data analytics, SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, DevOps, Git, App management, front-end development.
- Strong understanding of web technologies
- Ability and eagerness to rapidly learn highly technical products.
- High level of flexibility, creativity and dependability.
- Project management and organizational skill sets.
- Strong communication skills (including English).
ServiceRocket helps software companies, across open-source, on-premise and cloud technologies accelerate their Go-To Market strategy by creating and growing scalable ecosystems including - services delivery and implementation, partner channel programs, customer education and support. ServiceRocket works with companies at various stages from startup through the IPO journey.
Founded in 2001, ServiceRocket has been based in the heart of Silicon Valley in Palo Alto, California since 2010 and has offices in Sydney, Kuala Lumpur, Santiago, Boston, Singapore and London, with Rocketeers in remote locations throughout the globe. Learn more at www.servicerocket.com, or follow the company @ServiceRocket. Explore what it’s like to wear the rocket.