You are a part of the Workplace Technology team that develops the digital workspace where technology, employees and business processes are aligned to meet organizational goals, through automation, data integration, and observability.
On a day-to-day basis, your contribution to the digital workplace increases interactions and engagement, elevates digital employee experience, and improves overall efficiency, by delivering tooling the Rocketeers need to accomplish their work. The impacts are enormous, as it doesn't just transform the traditional workplace, it also adds additional measures to drive productivity, profitability, and security of our businesses.
Success | What makes you a successful Workplace Technology Engineer
- High velocity, by continuously reducing toils, implementing tools, and loading data to help the IT team and Rocketeers to become more productive and reliable in delivering high quality work.
- High adoption of Cloud Native practices, by constantly researching, implementing, and enlightening teams with industry best practices.
- Keep it stupid simple (KISS)! Any solutions built should be as simple as possible. It is also important to gather feedback on the quality of your solution and continuously fine tune them to best suit business needs.
- Happy Rocketeers! The Rocketeers are the employees of ServiceRocket, and your work and proactiveness ensure minimal impacts on their productivity and motivation to succeed. Be the one who they can count on you to 10x their productivity.
- Perform in-depth analysis of functional and non-functional service requirements, through engagement and collaboration with business users, and the application of fundamental software engineering & ITSM principles in the design, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of your solutions.
- Ensure SLO & SLA fulfillment of requests and IT systems, by establishing and maintaining the quantitative measures of success in delivering both services, and ensuring users are provided with the necessary knowledge to interact with the Workplace Technology team whenever they encounter questions and problems.
- Accelerate time to value, so that the business and teams could benefit from your solutions early and incrementally.
- Assume ownership to investigate, coordinate and resolve defects and problems, by maintaining high quality runbooks, continuous process improvement, and proactive risk management.
Requirements | What you will need to have.
- Experience in designing, implementing, deploying and maintaining software code involving REST API, ETL, flat files (CSV, JSON, XML), and various data stores.
- Experience in building custom code and integration solutions with various enterprise applications such as Atlassian Jira, Box, Facebook Workplace, HubSpot, and especially NetSuite.
- Experience with IaaS and/or PaaS platforms such as Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform, and features such as BigQuery, Cloud Functions, Dataflow, Operations Suite, etc.
- Understanding of web authentication mechanisms and their associated risks and limitations, such as Basic Auth, OAuth 2, SAML, etc.
- Understanding of integration patterns, their advantages and disadvantages, and the technical considerations of implementing them for various business use cases.
- Understanding of modern software engineering principles and practices.
- Understanding of the principles, rules of thumb ,and technical application of information security.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, and work on a flexible (but consistent) schedule (US, EMEA time zones) whenever necessary.
Desirable | What you could have to be qualified
- Understanding and experience with financial systems, NetSuite and SuiteScript in particular.
- Understanding and experience with CRM, HubSpot in particular.
- Understanding and experience with Cloud platforms and serverless technology, Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services in particular.
ServiceRocket is trusted by thousands of enterprises, helping them get the most out of their software and transforming the way they do business. Headquartered in Palo Alto with offices in Sydney, Santiago, London, Toronto and Kuala Lumpur, our products and services help clients accelerate alignment, reduce friction and connect with their teams, partners and customers.
Working at ServiceRocket is more than a job. Our five core values drive our actions and work environment. Our employees, the Rocketeers, fuel our success. But don't just take our word for it – Explore what it’s like to wear the rocket.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be notified