Technical Support Engineer | 30900
Who we are:
ServiceNow is the Enterprise Cloud Company that is changing the way people work. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. Our cloud platform allows enterprises to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging you to always be better.
ServiceNow is seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer to capitalize on the company’s momentum. The ServiceNow enterprise IT Service Management platform combines ITIL process support and SaaS delivery to provide a flexible, intuitive and self-managing application in the cloud.
What you get to do in this role:
- The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues for the ServiceNow Technical Support team focusing on ServiceNow Technologies. This includes being the last point of escalation within the technical support department in the various technologies.
- The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform. This is a customer-facing role and therefore it requires strong inter-personal skills in addition to strong technical skills. The Technical Support Engineer must be able to work outside of normal business hours (evening/weekend shifts, holidays, on-call) as needed.
- Understanding our platform, Cloud technologies and troubleshooting practices to ensure successful resolution of challenging technical situations.
- Acting as a customer advocate, prioritizing and managing assigned incidents and escalations in queue with little or no supervision.
- Engaging with the cross functional teams like operations and engineering to build, drive and improve tools and processes for quicker issue resolution.
- This includes being the last point of escalation within the customer support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent degree and experience)
- 5+ years providing customer facing technical support (Web based products or e-commerce preferred)
- 2+ years of ServiceNow Development/Admin Experience is mandate
- Candidates will lesser experience will be considered for appropriate roles.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Must be proficient with analyzing log files and standard debugging concept.
- Familiarity with tools & practices of the trade such as incident management, knowledgebase, defect & escalation management.
- Previous experience working with the ServiceNow platform (Service/Project Management, SLA Management, Service Catalog, Customer Service Management, Workflows & Approvals)
- Experience troubleshooting and optimizing web application performance
- Previous experience in software development (or) software consulting.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting e-commerce applications with catalog, shopping cart, merchandising and payment handling is highly desirable.
- Experience providing SaaS support is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Familiarity with Eclipse IDE would be good.
Those we hire will be trained and mentored in these technologies as appropriate by our senior staff and will work to support a growing base of customers globally. Successful candidates will enjoy a generous earning potential and the chance to expand their role in the company as we grow.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.