Manager, Applications Development | 23774
Content Development Team Manager
Location: Bangalore, India
ServiceNow is the world-leading cloud-platform provider helping huge global enterprise organizations to manage their IT environments and services. The company’s robust platform enables building a large variety of applications that streamline multiple processes across the entire business including IT, HR, Finance, Facilities and more.
Sitting in the center of our development environment, the ITOM team is building a unique business-service discovery, modeling, mapping and event management solution. Leveraging unique technology that automatically maps business services to the underlying infrastructure, the solution allows IT to increase service availability, reduce costs, audit its services and improve operational performance and efficiency.
We are helping several Fortune 500 customers to run and manage their data centers using our unique solutions.
Servicenow success is fueling rapid growth for which we need drivers. We are looking for the best IT technology specialist to lead a team of content developers with an end-to-end responsibility of new development from initial design, through testing to production release. The content development would range from developing new patterns for Discovery to developing new connectors for Event Management. We are looking for a passionate technical leader, not afraid of getting hands dirty, who understands the importance of quality and is communicative, fluent in agile processes and methodology.
Required soft skills and experience:
- 10+ years of experience with good hands-on experience in technical skills mentioned below
- Management experience for at-least two years. Passion for leading people and building a high-performing team.
- Customer facing experience with great English communication and presentation skills
- Advantage for remote work experience (you managed remote employees or was managed remotely)
- Advantage leading a scrum team (or similar agile development methodology)
Technical skills (Must Have)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or software engineering
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with Enterprise Systems Management and Enterprise applications (e.g. ERP, CRM, J2EE)
- Good knowledge of communication protocols (REST, SOAP, SNMP, etc).
- Basic SQL
- Strong exposure to SDLC
- Self-motivated and self-learning
Technical skills (Nice to Have)
- Knowledge and experience in writing scripts in at least one of the following scripting languages: Bourne Shell (ksh/zsh, and such) csh/tcsh, Powershell, vbscript
- Exposure to system administration of UNIX and Windows servers and deploying, configuring, maintaining and administrating large Enterprise Systems/applications (e.g. ERP, CRM, Oracle, Web-sphere, J2EE, ITSM)
- Good analytical skills – one of the main challenges is understanding the source monitoring system, how to retrieve the correct information, and how to map/manipulate it so it can be used in Event Management
- Knowledge of public/private clouds a strong plus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.