Senior Legal Counsel – EMEA | 25195
Job Title: Senior Corporate Counsel – EMEA (German speaker)
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We believe that diversity, inclusion, and belonging are essential to who we are, how we’ll grow, and how we’ll innovate. We remain hungry and humble. We have high expectations, and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better. We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
This is a new role on our growing Legal team. ServiceNow is seeking a talented, highly motivated, team player to serve at the Sr. Corporate Counsel level supporting enterprise sales for ServiceNow. This is a great opportunity to work on cutting-edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position and is based in our Amsterdam, The Netherlands office.
- Review and negotiate complex enterprise customer sales agreements that meet the company’s requirements under its policies, including those for risk tolerance, while working collaboratively with the business team, including various executives.
- Collaborate with finance, sales operations, deal desk, product operations, support, security and other business units at all levels throughout the organisation to ensure that agreements adequately protect the company’s interests.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard forms of agreement and legal processes.
- Be a trusted business partner, responding in a timely and productive manner to requests from internal customers.
- Counsel internal customers regarding company policies, legal issues, and risk tolerance.
- Occasional travels in EMEA (focus on Germany/Alps) and to the US for customer and other business meetings.
- German law degree, or European law degree with strong experience in contracting under German law.
- 6+ years of relevant legal experience.
- In-house commercial contracting experience dealing with SaaS or software licensing transactions and supporting a sales organisation
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills, and a talent for non-confrontational, win-win negotiations
- Exceptional critical thinking abilities, who possesses strong business acumen and excellent business judgment; must be able to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and pivot between responsibilities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to distill complex issues clearly and communicate well both one-on-one and in groups, and in internal and external contexts
- Desire for close collaboration with sales and sales support to close deals efficiently, with a practical approach
- Proficient drafting and legal technical skills, with keen attention to detail
- German native speaker or fluent in German with near native skill. Proficiency degree in English. Working knowledge of an additional European language is an advantage.
- Firm understanding of revenue recognition principals
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.