Senior Software Engineer in Platform Security | 31208
Title: Senior Software Engineer in Platform Security
We are looking to hire a passionate, self-directed and tenacious individual who will become an influencer on the ServiceNow’s Platform Security Development team.
Be a part of the exciting, fast paced team that is creating leading security solutions for our customers.
Our team is working to secure our customer’s data at rest, in use and in transit through advanced cryptography algorithms and practices. As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Proactively assume responsibility for quickly learning the existing platform security and cryptography offerings.
- Write robust, well tested, highly scalable, thread safe, well documented Java code.
- Leverage your strong teamwork and collaboration skills and engage with other platform and applications teams to ensure all encryption tech meets the requirements of the consumers of our platform and works within the business automation structure of our cloud.
- Build your experience in java debugging, heap and stack analysis, log analysis and basic cloud and network agility to quickly resolve customer issues on live instances.
- Use your excellent writing skills and forensic abilities to craft detailed Root Cause Analysis and mitigation plans for platform issues introduced by the security layer of the platform.
- Design software with network, system load over millions of records, responsiveness and error handling in mind.
- Deliver test plans, frameworks and strategies that test for the reality of load in our cloud.
- Cybersecurity is changing all the time. Our platform is evolving all the time. As a member of this team you will proactively upskill your resume.
- Continuously keep up to date with the world of cybersecurity and bring new discoveries to the ideas, designs and solutions implemented on our platform.
- Continuously keep up with the news of highly regulated sectors like financial and health care and be mindful of how those regulations could affect our decisions.
- 5+ years of software industry experience
- Passion for software development and problem solving
- Experience designing and implementing highly interactive user interfaces for high volume web applications
- Experience with Java or a similar OO language
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience with open source technologies like Linux, Apache/Tomcat and MySQL
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.