Senior Technical Consultant - ITBM | 33863
Job Title: Senior Technical Consultant
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Customer Outcomes team at ServiceNow work with our customers to help them achieve their business outcomes by providing prescriptive guidance that accelerates their success. As part of the Customer Outcomes team, you will work with our customers to drive consumption, adoption, and customer satisfaction and ultimately help our customers grow their business on the ServiceNow platform by realising the value of their ServiceNow investment.
The role of the Senior Technical Consultant is to bring their deep understanding of their area of specialty to influence and proactively execute the implementation of our product as a key member of the overall implementation project team. The overall objective of the role is to use expert inquiry to gain a deep understanding of the customer's desired outcomes and pair their expertise to ensure the implementation drives towards the right business outcome. The successful candidate for this role will be responsible in developing, investing, and maintaining thought leadership with deep subject matter expertise related to ITBM product capabilities and complimentary technologies in a client-consulting environment including but not limited to: Project and Portfolio Management (PPM), Demand Management, Test Management, Ideation, Application Portfolio Management (APM) and Agile Development.
What you get to do in this role:
- Use your excellent communication skills to lead all the technical aspects of project delivery and solution delivery including presenting technical and business concepts to a variety of stakeholders.
- You will be a key member of our expert team and will configure Applications, Workflows and UI and use your customer centric interpersonal skills to work in culturally diverse, matrixed project teams.
- You will bring gravitas to customer meetings and workshops and be able to identify customer use cases, requirements and other relevant inputs for the overall success of the deployment.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute your innovation ideas for best practices, service offerings, and implementation methodology to the wider global team in customer outcomes as well as our ITBM product team.
- You will use your passion for leadership and knowledge sharing to guide and mentor both colleagues, customers and our delivery partners in configuration best practices for the ITBM application suite.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has strong technical understanding, coupled with demonstrated experience in influencing and consulting. You will also have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Proven consulting experience as a key technical resource leading the development and delivery of ITBM solutions in client environments.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) around all key technical decisions during project delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, Information Systems Management or equivalent technical and/or business qualification through experience
- Experience of ITIL, minimum foundation level, ideally higher. Knowledge of other frameworks / methodologies such as COBIT, IT4IT, CAPM, Prince, SCRUM, Agile, and/or Scaled Agile.
- Experience in working with Enterprise IT software (e.g. PPM tools like Clarity and HP PPM, ServiceNow, Salesforce, PeopleSoft)
- Experience in Java, Java Script and corresponding frameworks, like jQuery, Prototype JS or Angular
- Experience working within Agile or Scaled Agile frameworks
- Experience in requirements gathering, including experience in creating process documentation
EEOE Statement Section
ServiceNow’s EEOE statement is automatically added to each U.S. based job description.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [[email protected]] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.