IT Asset Manager | 22906
IT Asset Manager
Santa Clara, California
This position reports to: Senior Manager, ITSM/ITAM Governance
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
About the Position:
As part of the IT Operations Governance team, the IT Asset Manager is a critical role to ensure successful deployments and on-going usage of ServiceNow’s software and hardware assets within IT. This position will work with the Finance, IT Applications and IT Operations teams to implement and enforce policies, processes and procedures to ensure adoption and effective usage of the assets within the asset lifecycle.
What you get to do in this role:
- Oversee the entire IT Asset Management (ITAM) ecosystem and ensure accurate data across Asset and CMDB repositories.
- Create and manage ITAM policy, process and procedures for all software and hardware assets.
- Manage ITAM initiatives between the Finance, IT Applications and IT Operations teams.
- Improve tracking accuracy of the physical, contractual and financial obligations and total cost of ownership (TCO) for the entire IT asset portfolio.
- Represent ITAM as the process/governance expert at executive briefings, workshops and external events.
- Create and execute ITAM compliance and audit framework across the IT organization.
- Provide ITAM mentoring and training to peers and other colleagues in the organization.
- Own ITAM Roadmap drive execution of projects and initiatives.
- Create Asset Management reports and dashboards.
- Work closely with Product Management on upcoming releases and provide feedback from a customer’s perspective.
- Understand internal customer needs and mature ITAM products, processes and procedures to meet them.
- Perform Technical Project Management duties in alignment with IT Business Management framework.
- Participate in the creation of functional design specifications.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Deep knowledge and experience with ServiceNow ITAM. This includes hardware and software.
- Solid knowledge of ServiceNow CMDB and the relationship with Asset Management.
- Experience with ITIL / Asset Management implementations.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts.
- Utilize effective project management techniques to organize initiatives and to ensure quality.
- A strong background in system-level thinking and design.
- A good history of collaborating effectively across large teams.
- Experience working in agile environments.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications including: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A minimum of 10+ years of Information Technology experience is required.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience with Asset Management and associated technologies is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or related field and minimum 5 years of experience in business operations, IT consulting, business analysis, or a related field.
- Asset Management certifications are a plus.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.