Senior Solution Consultant - State and Local Government, Education | 33906
Senior Solution Consultant- State & Local Government, Education
Location: Minneapolis, MN or Remote, MN
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is currently seeking a Sr. Solution Consultant with State & Local Government and/or Education experience to join our sales team to provide prospective customers with product and solution advice during pre-sales discussions. You will be the technical resource to participate in the acquisition and retention of customers by utilizing world-class technical pre-sales solution consulting techniques to communicate the power, flexibility, business value, and ease-of-use of the ServiceNow SaaS solution.
What you get to do in this role:
- Assist sales in the qualification of State & Local Govt. and Education customer needs through discovery and participation across the sales lifecycle on acquiring strategic customers
- You will mentor and train peers, colleagues and partners
- You will demonstrate product solutions, both standard and tailored to prospects and existing customers both onsite and via Zoom
- You will generate product demo scripts and scenarios and maintain demo environment(s)
- Scope and deliver Proof of Concept/Proof of Value engagements
- Respond to Request for Information/Proposal documents
- Stay current on product developments/releases
- You will support Marketing events – user conferences, trade shows, webinars etc.
- You will stay current on competitive analyses and understanding differentiators between the company and its competitors
- You are responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, security etc.
- In collaboration with Sales and Professional Services, you will be the subject matter expert at Executive briefings
- Conduct transition briefings to communicate commitments and expectations in preparation for deployment
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- State Govt. experience preferred, either working for or selling to an agency
- 5+ years of pre-sales solution consulting or sales engineering experience in the customer service, field service or CRM software industry preferred, or advanced degree with 3+ years of prior experience
- Proficiency with the ServiceNow platform or technical expertise with cloud software solutions
- Excellent communication writing and presenting skills
- Demonstrated relationship building skills
- Ability to complete tasks in an organized, detailed way with minimal supervision
- Experience working collaboratively with product management, product marketing, partners, and professional services
- Creative problem-solving skills with a growth mindset and desire to work in a fast-paced, high growth organization
- Willingness to travel as necessary
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.