Director of Engineering, Database Platform | 22981
Director of Engineering, Database Platform
San Diego or Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow makes the world of work, work better for people. We help our customers automate and improve their operations in three core areas; within their IT teams, with their employees, and with their customers.
The ServiceNow platform not only powers every ServiceNow delivered application but also allows customers to create their own custom applications and solutions. Our goal is to build a high performing, scalable and robust database platform that can support the various workloads our customers deploy.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build, grow, and retain top talent and continually find ways to inspire and challenge the engineering organization.
- Manage a diverse team to deliver the core database system functionality
- Build cross-functional partnerships working closely with peer teams to deliver customer success
- Innovate new solutions and product offerings that have the scale, complexity, and flexibility to meet the needs of a diverse enterprise customer base.
- Research industry and academic leading-edge large-scale database innovations to integrate into the ServiceNow platform
- Further your passion for solving complex problems which provide significant customer value
In order to be successful, we need someone who has:
- B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.S./M.Tech. from Computer Science, Electronics and Communications and Electrical Engineering fields with excellent academic record
- 10-15 years of software development experience
- Strong technical skills with a proven record of architecture & design experience
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- Experience with Cloud Application Development Platforms will be a big plus
- Excellent written, verbal communication and Inter-Personal skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.