Senior Performance Engineer | 31757
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Senior Performance Engineer, you will be a key member of the Application Development team driving the quality of our products and services to the next level. You will work within our agile software development process and have an important impact on the products we built.
The ideal candidate for this position is a someone with a strong background in web application benchmarking and performance analysis. The candidate must have a passion for building and applying tools that measure the characteristics of complex systems running under dynamic, real-world loads. You will work in a fast-paced, innovative environment that allows direct influence on the organization and our most important customers.
In this role you will create infrastructure, automation, and performance scripts that drive realistic loads against the key business transactions.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Strong experience in JMeter and/or one of the open source applications Gatling/Grinder/Locust/PBench/Siege/ApacheBench/Tsung along with LoadRunner
- 8+ years of experience in performance testing large scale web-based distributed applications
- 5+ years of experience working on a SaaS, PaaS, or Cloud Infrastructure product/solution
- Proven experience with concurrency, multithreading, and distributed system architectures
- Solid understanding and experience with agile software development methodologies
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science with solid experience developing and deploying mission critical software
- Experience specifically with MySQL or Oracle databases
- Familiarity with Python / shell scripting
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with CentOS/RedHat operating system
- Understanding of schemas, table spaces, indexing, and database performance optimization
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.