Portfolio Manager | 24887
Portfolio Manager, Customer Success Group (CSG)
Location: Santa Clara
ServiceNow makes work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and products streamline and simplify how work gets done. We are the fastest growing enterprise cloud software company in the world and have been recognized by Forbes as the #1 most innovative company (https://bit.ly/2LYJzRE). For us, this is just the start.
To continue our rapid growth and scale, we are creating a new Operational Excellence team within Customer Success Group (CSG) to lead the development and adoption of core operational capabilities such as process, program, portfolio and change management. This critical capability will enable us to grow and scale our business in a healthy, sustainable manner across CSG; comprising Sales, Channel, Customer Success, Professional Service and Training, Certification and Accreditation.
Our CSG Portfolio Manager reports to the CSG Portfolio Leader and will administer the CSG portfolio of our programs, projects and initiatives. The ideal candidate is a results-oriented individual with hands on expertise building and running intake and prioritization, portfolio management, analysis and communication of KPIs and business outcomes. This role is full time and located in our Santa Clara, CA office.
- Build and run the portfolio intake and prioritization process and cadence across CSG ensuring alignment around our Operational Excellence methods, decision rights, accountability and delivery of business value
- Support the CSG Portfolio Leader in facilitating our Operational Excellence forum; driving CSG Steering Committee discussions/decisions and managing development of business cases, program phase gates and governance
- Analyze and report on KPIs and success measures for programs. Monitor the metrics of all projects for deviations in quality and schedule. Track and provide updates on program/project spend against budget
- Provide coaching and training to the rest of CSG to enable portfolio/program management practices
- Contribute to development and continuous improvement of standardized portfolio management process and governance and development and delivery of tools and enabling technology
- Act as a strategic liaison between executives, business management/employees and the project management office and develop executive level presentation and present as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business and/or related technical field, 7+ years of related experience, managing and administering enterprise grade portfolios inclusive of functional projects/programs
- Hands on program and portfolio management experience in B2B enterprise technology/SaaS organizations
- Energetic, proactive self-starter with a proven track record for getting things done in a high growth, ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated skill at building trusted relationships through influencing others, particularly with executive leadership teams
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with and influence both leadership and working teams, demonstrating authority and credibility to act; make sound decisions and drive alignment
- Strong understanding and experience working in B2B enterprise technology companies working directly or indirectly with various business functions such as Sales, Partner, Customer, Product Operations, etc.
- Ability to think strategically, understand the big picture and connect the dots between strategy and operational priorities, as well as translate the strategy into effective execution and tangible outcomes
- Creative thinking, flexibility and adaptability, with the ability to bring new ideas and approaches to the table, as well as the ability to tailor the approach to meet ServiceNow’s needs and quickly pivot as business circumstances evolve
- Effective communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing
- Strong level of comfort with business and technical discussions, with the ability to understand and articulate the business impacts of technical actions and vice versa
- PMP certification preferred
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.