Sr. Build and Release Engineer | 27333
Sr. Build and Release Engineer
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Build and Release Engineering team supports all of the development engineers at ServiceNow, providing the infrastructure used to build and test our software. We are a small, tightly knit group focused on serving our internal customers.
As a Senior Build/Release Engineer, you will be part of a team that is building the next generation build and release platform for ServiceNow. We need your expertise to help develop, scale, automate, and improve the underlying infrastructure, software, processes, and services required to support enterprise software development, quality engineering, and production releases.
What you get to do in this role:
- Develop the next generation of the Build and Release platform for a fast-growing development organization.
- Support and maintain source code management and build tools (Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus)
- Provision, monitor, and manage virtual servers in AWS to scale the Build and Release Platform
- Work with Kubernetes on deploying Jenkins and other application servers in AWS
- Automate provisioning with Chef
- Troubleshooting, problem solving, root cause analysis, and documentation
- Support and improve the build pipeline
- Branching and code repository administration
- Develop productivity tools & plugins
- Automate anything you can get your hands on
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Strong to expert Linux and networking skills
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages
- Experience in source code management and branching
- Understanding of automated build and release systems
- Passion for automation, continuous improvement, and DevOps culture
- Clear communication skills, both in person and online
- Security and compliance minded
- Fluency in the software development lifecycle
- A strong commitment to customer service
- Experience in developing automation in large enterprise scale development environments
- Inter-team training and knowledge sharing
- Ability to tune and scale Linux systems
- Experience managing, debugging, and improving build systems
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Fluency in several of the following technologies:
- Git / GitHub
- Maven / Nexus
- Ruby / Perl / Shell Scripting
- Amazon Web Services
- Linux (CentOS/Fedora/RedHat)
- Kubernetes / Docker
EEOE Statement Section
ServiceNow’s EEOE statement is automatically added to each U.S. based job description.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.