Site Reliability Engineer | 27403
Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Now a bit about the SRE team
The Site Reliability Engineering team is a group of highly technical engineers who are tasked with maintaining and developing the reliability, scalability and performance of the ServiceNow platform and infrastructure. The SRE is empowered to drive technical resolutions across the technology stack from application through to hardware and all stops in between. The ultimate goal of the SRE is to never have to escalate an issue to an engineering or development team and to completely own the resolution of incidents. They are also tasked with driving forward the operability of the platform to drive down incident numbers and to reduce MTTR.
To accomplish this the team combines Software Development, Networking and Systems Engineering expertise with a strong desire to be challenged by problems of scale and complexity and to make services better for our customers.
- know Linux systems in various levels of diagnostics and troubleshooting?
- write a code to automate repetitive tasks every time you have to do manual work?
- smile when you solve an issue in Sydney from your laptop in Europe?
- accumulate years of experience in roles like Network, Software or Systems Engineering?
Answer 'yes' to these questions and you are in the front row for a position as SRE at ServiceNow. Go ahead, hit the Apply button and let's have a chat about your skills and experiences.
Want to know more about us?
Now that we set the pace, keep reading the below if you want a better understanding about ServiceNow as a company, the SRE team and the role as well. We hope it will be helpful.
What you get to do in this role:
As an Engineer in the SRE team you will:
- Drive immediate relief and provide a sustainable resolution to issues within the ServiceNow platform.
- Use knowledge and experience in software development, application support, systems engineering and networking to proactively prevent issues from reoccurring.
- Drive internal stakeholders and partner teams to improve the reliability, scalability and performance of the infrastructure through improved system design.
- Drive and contribute to a culture of intolerance to manual activity, which results in an automation environment delivering repeatable and scalable response to system issues.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
This is what we require. Take note because they are a must-have:
- Deep knowledge of Linux systems.
- Networking skills and IP addressing.
- MySQL database administration.
- Monitoring of performance/availability in systems, applications and networks.
- Uncompromising attention to detail.
- Ability to work in shifts that cover one weekend day.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.