Technical Support Engineer | 30262
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The team focuses on supporting customers who use the IT Operations and Management (ITOM) & the IT Asset Management (ITAM) products on the ServiceNow Platform. These products include Public and Private Cloud Management, Event Monitoring, Identification & Mapping between IT components, and Automated Configuration/Remediation services. Please refer to the following link for more insight: https://www.servicenow.com/products/it-operations-management.html
Technical Support Engineers are responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues, understanding a broad range of technologies and working closely with the Development and Operations staff. This is a customer-facing role and therefore it requires strong customer service skills in addition to strong technical skills. In addition, Engineers must able to work outside of normal business hours.
Base skills required for the role:
- Linux/Unix System:Experience working on a Unix/Linux Server Command Line Environment and Shell Scripting
- Database:Conceptual knowledge or working knowledge of databases, preferably MySQL or MariaDB
Additional skills advantageous to have for the role:
- Cloud, Automation & Virtualization:Working knowledge of one or more of the following: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, VMWare, Hyper-V, SCCM, PowerShell, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, and/or Ansible
- Networking:Understanding of networking concepts and integration technologies
- Monitoring Tools:Prior exposure to Event Monitoring Systems or Tools such as Netcool, SCOM, NAGIOS, Hyperic, and/or SolarWinds
- Windows Systems:Experience working on Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange and PowerShell Scripting
- Storage Technology:Background in managing EMC/NetApp/HP Storage Systems
Professional skills required for the role:
- Previous experience in a customer facing support role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience understanding and troubleshooting solutions in a complex technical environment
- Ability to multi-task in a timely manner whilst collaborating with multiple teams
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanor and customer focus when handling complex user issues
And finally, ServiceNow as a company
ServiceNow is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows Enterprise to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
To sustain our growth, we are looking for drivers - people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [email@example.com] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.