Manager SAP Application development | 32623
Job Title: Manager Application Development
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
We are IT Corporate Services team, responsible to deliver and support IT applications for Finance and Legal business functions.
As a Manager Application Development, you will manage team of SAP developers in India Hyderabad office and design, implement & deploy SAP solutions to achieve defined business goals. Maintain skills in SAP applications process design and configuration; SAP application design, development, integration, testing and deployment; and SAP application technical architecture.
What you get to do in this role:
- Manage SAP applications software development team in a fast-paced environment
- Lead or facilitate software design and architectural activities
- Provide technical guidance to make software scalable, maintainable, fault-tolerant, resilient, and highly testable with automation
- Create and nurture an environment of consistent learning and growth
- Use critical thinking skills to solve difficult and sometimes ambiguous problems
- Apply new technologies and innovations to improve platform functionality
- Work closely with Service Owners and Business systems Analysts to design, support, and other IT applications teams to deliver high-quality software solutions
- Manage day-to-day activities of the development team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Understand the customer need and factor this into technical decisions
- Ensure designs are consistent with our client development standards and industry guidelines
- Participate in the requirement gathering process for new software functionality to ensure that definitions of new functionality are clearly defined and understood
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Experience leading software development teams in an agile environment
- A passion for technology and solving technical challenges
- Strong people management skills with a passion and love of mentoring and providing career development to talented Software Developers.
- Experience improving the operational efficiencies in a team and elevating their performance because of it
- Great communication skills with the ability to deliver concise, clear messaging, and make confident and swift decisions
- Must have 3+ years of experience managing SAP application development teams and 12+ years of experience of SAP Application development experience
- Strong knowledge of SAP applications such as SAP ECC, SAP BPC, SAP S/4 HANA
- Should have strong SAP ABAP & Fiori development experience
- Strong ALV report, parallel processing development and SOAP/REST integration experience is required
- ABAP Knowledge in ABAP/4 programming language, BADI, User Exits, and Tuning & custom background programs
- Strong have functional/SAP Application knowledge in Order to cash, Source to Settle, Record to report & FP&A functions
- Strong experience with Java, and Web services (like REST, SOAP)
- SAP analytics cloud knowledge is plus
- Should be able to lead the team and drive business value outcome
- Experience Developing SAP Solutions in a Software and / or Professional Services company
- Customer-centric and Service minded
- Ability to interact with all levels of business users (end-users/executives)
- Highly motivated and driven, with keen attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a self-managed environment
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
EEOE Statement Section
ServiceNow’s EEOE statement is automatically added to each U.S. based job description.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [email@example.com] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.