Senior Technical Writer | 22805
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is looking for a Senior level Technical Writer to join our Information Development group in Santa Clara. The Info Dev group is made up of dedicated technical communications professionals across multiple areas of expertise. Info Dev creates product documentation, troubleshooting materials, videos and blogs, as well as contextual help and user assistance content.
What you get to do in this role:
- Create product documentation for end users and system administrators
- Author in a variety of environments, primarily DITA/XML
- Research, write, and ensure the accuracy of content that covers current and future releases of our product
- Work closely with multiple development teams in an Agile environment
- Conduct peer reviews of documentation
- Continuously improve documentation by responding to and incorporating feedback from customers and internal users
- Collaborate with other information developers to produce and share content for different types of deliverables (blogs, product documentation, knowledge base, video)
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Technical Writer with a demonstrated progressive growth in responsibilities
- Proven experience making technical content accessible to audiences with mixed levels of expertise
- Ability to learn highly technical products quickly, using pre-release software and internal documentation
- Understanding of source control systems and maintaining multiple versions of content
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile development environments
- Ability to obtain information through research, interviews, and experimentation
- Ability to work with geographically distributed team members and developers
- Motivation and ability to be productive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-direction, flexibility, and an eagerness to learn
- Working knowledge of DITA and topic-based writing
- Proven experience documenting cloud-based software
- Proven experience mentoring less-experienced writers
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.