Senior Director, International Tax | 23432
Senior Director, International Tax
This position reports to: Vice President of Tax
Location: Santa Clara, CA (HQ)
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
You will be responsible for providing tax planning and strategic support to assist the business in achieving its goals in a tax-efficient manner. You must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and to work closely and proactively with numerous functional teams across our organization. This position will be based in Santa Clara, CA and will report to the Vice President of Tax.
What you get to do in this role:
- Analyze U.S. and international tax matters related to ServiceNow’s global activities, including proactive identification of issues, development of effective and efficient strategies, and driving implementation of solutions
- Analyze local country tax requirements around all aspects of our business, including entering new countries, compliance in existing markets, and proper structuring of acquisitions, reorganizations and cross-border transactions
- Provide guidance to senior members of the finance and management team to enable them to understand key issues arising from our global tax planning, including risks, benefits, and financial impact to the company
- Work closely and proactively with senior business partners within the company to understand operational goals and objectives and to ensure tax needs are identified, considered and communicated
- Advise finance team members regarding global transfer pricing and intercompany arrangements
- Review of quarterly and year-end tax provision calculation relating to international operations for US consolidated and local statutory financials
- Keep current on developments in global tax that may affect our business, including monitoring and analyzing tax legislation
- Provide strategic support on the international tax aspects of tax examinations and inquiries by the IRS and foreign tax authorities
- Bachelor's degree and JD, LL.M or MST
- 15+ years of relevant international tax experience in Big 4, law firm and/or tech industry
- Strong technical tax knowledge with demonstrated experience in planning, implementing and managing global tax strategies
- Significant experience in ASC 740 financial reporting for international tax matters
- Capability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax strategies
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Competence to clearly and effectively communicate tax requirements to leaders in functional groups throughout the company
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.